GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...

Go down 
+2
phantom 309
brokecello
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Empty
PostSubject: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Well, I had to make an unscheduled trip up to Louisville this weekend....so...I also had work I had to do on the OCC pretty soon. Asked my buddy Mike if I could come over after a gig Sat night and do some crazy speed repair. Smile

So, in about 3 hours we did the rear end fluid, rear shocks and fuel pump / filter. Sure beats doing it at home on my back!! I did the front brakes Thurs night before I left. So, I only have the tune up left to do! WHOO!

This was also the 1st time I really had a good look at the underside of the OCC. It really is pretty nice. I was expecting worse since it suffered through a couple of MA winters (was a NC car originally) Was hard not to clean, paint stuff...but just didn't have the time. It was a 'get in and get it done' job.

Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9936
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9938
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9940
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9944
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9949

You can tell these are 200k gears....not nosy though...but well used Smile Posi is still good too.

Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9951

Good bye nasty busted up air shocks. Yuck.
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9954
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9955
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9957
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9959

This guy is happy to have his old wagon back Smile Look at that grin!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Nice shop,..
the rear end looks nice inside really,. the oil doesn't look cooked in the pics,.
I wish my cars looked as nice underneath,.
I notice the MD1 option too,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 pm

I hope you guys blew some oil onto those sending unit lines before you buttoned it back up. It really, really sucks when those lines rust out.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
I hope you guys blew some oil onto those sending unit lines before you buttoned it back up. It really, really sucks when those lines rust out.

They are fine, looks worse in the pics...but it was minor scale on the outer edges. Smile Still solid!

Yeah, MD1 FTW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Wait a minute... is this Nick complimenting a TBI wagon?

Is the apocalypse upon us?

Also pardon my ignorance, but what's the MD1 option?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Nice work. You guys were really movin! Wink

Hi Mike!
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 am

..and this after I had moved around 520 lbs of dirt and 300 lbs of rock that morning. The desk job doesn't prepare me for that sort of physical activity!!

Had a good time workin' on old blue. She cooperated with us, nothing unexpected or particularly difficult. The fuel tank removal and install went well using the lift & transmission jack. I expected something wouldn't be right (it wouldn't balance well on there, or wouldn't line up or something like that) but it pretty much dropped right down and went back up. Only a little persuasion was required on one strap bolt & the filler/vent tubes. Can't complain!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 am

Nice, almost ready for the big trip!

When you're done with that 3.23 posi, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:51 am

Stingroo wrote:

Also pardon my ignorance, but what's the MD1 option?

Muffler Delete
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Yes Muffler Delete (1 since I only have single exhaust) Smile

My tune up parts came in. So I will do that pretty soon. I had to chuckle at the box the cap and rotor kit came in.... geek

DANGER!! This TBI will blow your socks off!! haha. Shocked

Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9962
Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... IMG_9961
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...   Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working on the OCC with my wagon buddy...
Page 1 of 1