GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.

Go down 
+6
Buickman1
goldwolfnhn
Fred Kiehl
rcktpwrd
94Woody
Bucky53
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucky53

91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Empty
PostSubject: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 7:00 am

rcktpwrd and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Blah, Blah, Hagerty, the last of, blah, blah, I can get more at auction, blah, blah. I know what I have, blah, blah. Cannot stand those people.

silverfox103, rcktpwrd and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 8:11 pm

That is a really good looking car.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 8:51 pm

What they ask is not always what they sell it for.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 10:02 pm

thing I don't like about ads like this is that most of the time the pictures are taken in ways to hide anyone being able to see any known problem areas, such as the spare tire well on the passenger side, though I also noticed something off below the drivers door.

94Woody and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:30 am

Someone may say it's worth $xxxx, but if no one will buy it it's worth $0.

Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:51 am

Buickman1 wrote:
Someone may say it's worth $xxxx, but if no one will buy it it's worth $0.

I wouldn't say zero, but certainly things are only worth what someone will pay for it. Haggerty, or "what he knows" doesn't count for anything except to drive off the actual serious lookers as they figure he is an A hole.

Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 12:15 pm

that or he's hiding a major problem with the vehicle
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 3:52 pm

I follow auctions and have been to a few and I'm always amazed at how much people overpay for cars especially at Barrett Jackson but hey I have a "Barrett Jackson car " !
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 4:42 pm

They over pay because they are people with more money than sense. It's just a game and all about showing off when it comes to those people.

It's their money, they can do as they please but it impacts us normal people that just want an old car to mess around with. Folks here in FL want thousands for cars that are completely rotten pieces of scrap. The ads always read like the one in this thread. Many are even worse.

When they don't sell they get mad and lash out like this man child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQ7r9YbVIY&ab_channel=MoparRapidTransit

Moron could have made more form the parts than selling the entire car.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 5:39 pm

kind of reminds me of a truck I looked at once that I would have loved to get, it was a 1991 Chevy V3500 crew cab dually 4x4 but looking it over I found the front differential needed the king pins replaced, the owner was asking 4,000 for the truck, I called around to several repair shops the worst case for the front end repair was 3,000 so I offered him 2,700 hundred, and explained the cost of the front end repair plus there where a couple of other issues I would need to get fixed before I felt good using the truck as a daily driver, he blew up and said that he was only going to take 4,000 for it and if no one wanted it he would use it as a yard truck.

now the body of the truck was in beautiful condition with no major rust, and the owner claimed it was unrestored.
Back to top Go down
Bucky53

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 7:32 am

I don't know where he got the Hagerty values. I'm thinking out of his rear end.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 9:05 am

Woody, I've seen that video before and I agree. Yoyos see a Yanko Camaro or equally rare, fully restored car sell for 6 + figures and immediately think their 6 cylinder plain jane camaro pos is worth the same. It took over 2 years of looking to find a car I wanted ( covid didn't help) that wasn't trashed or priced stupid high. Wasn't specifically looking for a wagon, but that's what I found and I'm happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 10:16 am

well the car has also been repainted as only the Gold cars got cladding that wasn't silver. Not that anything is wrong with that it looks good all blue, but not mentioned in the ad either.

For a 305 car, that's tall $, but it looks nice in the pics, but then all cars are overly inflated right now.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 9:13 am

The seller uses the all the phrases that weasels use, agreed.
The price doesn’t seem outrageously high, just a starting point for a conversation. People forget about inflation. The nastiest, ‘beater with a heater’ clunkers cost us $500 when we were in high school. Nowadays, any car that moves under its own power is worth $1000-1500.

Full disclosure: i might have some bias. If I spent $2k getting MY blue olds wagon painted….in my head it would be almost worth $4k.

Maybe we should start a new thread, ‘phases in ads that piss you off’
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.   91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

91 Olds CC on CL. Not mine.
Page 1 of 1