GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

94 Secondary Air Pump Removal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
coolwind57

94 Secondary Air Pump Removal Empty
PostSubject: 94 Secondary Air Pump Removal   94 Secondary Air Pump Removal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 3:54 pm

I removed my secondary air pump on my 1994 Caprice. While I was at it, I did also pull the relay for the pump, which is located in a fuse/relay box on the passenger side of the engine bay near the firewall. I did this only because I figured it was a good idea.

i was not expecting an error code for a 94, ODB I. I'm getting a Code 29 "Secondary Air Injection Pump Circuit" as well as a C0061 Motor Pump Relay.

Perhaps I should not had removed the relay? Easy fix, I'll toss it back in there tonight, but if I still get the Code 29, is there a way to simply jumper the harness end to fool the car into believing the secondary pump is still there?

I've read that the service bulletin was not for 94s, so I'm aware of that fact. Surely I won't need to have the PCM "flashed" to remove the code 29, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hushharborband.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 94 Secondary Air Pump Removal   94 Secondary Air Pump Removal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 4:55 pm

coolwind57 wrote:
Surely I won't need to have the PCM "flashed" to remove the code 29, right?  

I believe you need to have that done. Thats what I had done on my 94 RMW.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 94 Secondary Air Pump Removal   94 Secondary Air Pump Removal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 7:55 pm

You can get a scan program for your computer, and a patch chord to attach it to your car.
Back to top Go down
coolwind57

PostSubject: Re: 94 Secondary Air Pump Removal   94 Secondary Air Pump Removal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 8:08 pm

Well, I may had posted my question too soon. I put that relay back in and my Check Engine Light (CEL) hadn't come back on.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.hushharborband.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 94 Secondary Air Pump Removal   94 Secondary Air Pump Removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

94 Secondary Air Pump Removal
Page 1 of 1