GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rearmost dome/grab handle lights

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

rearmost dome/grab handle lights Empty
PostSubject: rearmost dome/grab handle lights   rearmost dome/grab handle lights Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 2:54 pm

what triggers these? Both of mine have bulbs out... when I put bulbs in, one stays on continuously and one doesnt light up at all. So I just pulled the bulbs back out, but I'd like to know where the switch that controls them is so I can start farting with it when I want to mess with it...
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: rearmost dome/grab handle lights   rearmost dome/grab handle lights Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 3:35 pm

The switches on the handles have two output states. When working, one push turns the lamps on always, the next push puts the lamps on "auto" to light with the doorgate open. Next push back to "on" etc.

Many times, they get sticky from disuse, and switching them a dozen times or so will restore proper function.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: rearmost dome/grab handle lights   rearmost dome/grab handle lights Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 6:21 pm

If the switch breaks, there are no new ones. Plan on visiting a junk yard. They are literally made like a retractable pen. They have a harness, so be careful that you do not trap the wire under the handle when you reattach it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rearmost dome/grab handle lights   rearmost dome/grab handle lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rearmost dome/grab handle lights
Page 1 of 1