GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Empty
PostSubject: Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?    Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 10:52 pm

Does anyone have any examples of non auto zone looking fog or driving lamps? I don’t want to make it look cheesy or pep boys special…. But if there was a decent clean idea , it could help the nighttime vision that these headlights lack a ton of
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?    Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 10:35 am

If you upgrade to LED lights for the headlights, you will get the nighttime vision you are looking for.

94Woody and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?    Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 10:49 am

Fred/ I just don’t want to introduce unnecessary glare since these lamps aren’t made for LEDs and a proper cutoff pattern. Might go that route anyway, but the light scatter for oncoming traffic is always a courtesy and concern for me. Adding auxiliary lights would give me the ability to turn them on only when needed and not meeting a lot of traffic. My pickup and wife’s car have leds factory but they are in a projecter set up and not a halogen designed set up that will throw light everywhere else
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?    Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 11:50 am

On my 93 wagon I ran a set of Hella 500FF driving lights mounted behind the grill on a bracket I made they worked surprising well .On the 94 I'm going with a set of driving lights mounted on the space where the license plate bracket was mounted a future upgrade

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?    Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 7:07 pm

1991BlueBertha wrote:
Fred/ I just don’t want to introduce unnecessary glare since these lamps aren’t made for LEDs and a proper cutoff pattern.  Might go that route anyway, but the light scatter for oncoming traffic is always a courtesy and concern for me.  Adding auxiliary lights would give me the ability to turn them on only when needed and not meeting a lot of traffic.  My pickup and wife’s car have leds factory but they are in a projecter set up and not a halogen designed set up that will throw light everywhere else

There are some that have multiple "bulbs" and direct the light reasonably well. some also have one corner off when in low beams, and if it is situated correctly, it eliminates the light toward the oncoming car.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?    Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 8:30 pm

I combined my smoked headlights with some cheap LED bulbs from Amazon and it works perfectly. Plenty of light and no mad drivers in other lanes.

Add on fog lights will be tacky no matter what if they are just slapped on a stock bumper.

More than one person has used lights like Wojtek mentioned. They are out of the way and should function just fine.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?    Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any non tacky looking fog/ driving lamps ?
Page 1 of 1