GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Control arms?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EastonTexas

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2023 4:15 pm

Best in stock pre-assembled upper and lower control arms for front?
Back to top Go down
AMH_92

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 3:10 pm

Moog has always been good for suspension parts for me. I did my ball joints and bushings myself, no big deal with the right tools. I always did them, never even thought they even made such things, sure a lot easier but way more expensive. I have a set waiting to be installed in my other car, even with the right tools they are a pain to do, then you have to paint them. I spent all my covid check on new suspension/car parts, the way the prices have gone up I could make a good buck selling them.: )
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 4:53 pm

Moog Is my first choice. Removing the upper arm studs makes the upper arms easy. Spreading the lower mounts a little makes the lower ones a lot easier to install. Make sure the springs are correctly oriented. I remove the lower arms first, so I do not need a spring compressor. I do not detach the lower ball joint, and let them down with a jack so the spring can not escape. A helper is highly recommended. You can pull the upper studs back in by tightening the nuts with the arms in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Control arms?
Page 1 of 1