GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Control arms?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EastonTexas

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2023 4:23 pm

Anyone running the speedtech front upper control arms on their stock height wagon?
Back to top Go down
booster

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2023 5:08 pm

The description on Summit doesn't say if they are a stock position on stock ride height or lowered, which can be a big deal, I think. I put Proforged tall top ball joints in new Moog arms which allowed my stock height Roadmaster wagon to be negative progression with compression for caster which improved cornering and steering feel noticeably.

Walterf likes this post

Back to top Go down
nudnac59

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2023 11:51 am

I am using SpeedTech on my wagon. I also installed their lower arms and a coil over setup. I've not had a chance to drive it much but it feels great! It is lowered about 1.5" as I recall. I've also installed Global West upper/lower arms in the rear and a Speedtech coil over set up back there as well. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer.
Dave
Back to top Go down
EastonTexas

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 6:04 pm

Been trying to decide on what to run on the front, I thought possibly tubular uppers only. But my wagon is stock height and I don't want to lower it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 7:39 pm

Tubular lowers should not necessarily make it lower. Springs or drop spindles would lower it.
Back to top Go down
EastonTexas

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 7:43 pm

I was meaning tubular uppers to gain some adjustability but keep stock lowers. I was only mentioning that I didn't want to lower it in general
Back to top Go down
EastonTexas

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 7:45 pm

Back to top Go down
booster

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 8:46 pm

EastonTexas wrote:
https://www.pro-touringf-body.com/product-page/ss-arm-kit
Was looking at these too

I like those arms, wish I knew about them earlier before I modified mine to do the same thing.

Built in 5* positive caster, check.

Built in more progressive negative camber progression, check.

Standard ride height, I think so.

Fills in all the boxes for getting much better street handling.

I do wish they had rubber bushings on the lower arms though to be quieter, but the uppers are rubber so that is nice.
Back to top Go down
EastonTexas

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 pm

They should be delrin bushings on uppers and lowers for the ss arm kit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Control arms? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Control arms?   Control arms? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Control arms?
Page 1 of 1