GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!

Go down 
+2
94Woody
Bewber
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Empty
PostSubject: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:33 pm

From the top for those who don't know.....

So our youngest (4th) child's name is Gage. He's 4 and a half and - not to brag - but he is one seriously COOL kid. Anyway, I've had tattoos of the other 3 kids' names, but not his since 7/7/7. I've been constantly asked when I was going to get a Gage tattoo since that time. I'd jokingly say that we weren't sure if we were going to keep him, etc. I drew up the other tattoos myself, but just couldn't figure out something for the Gage that was cool enough that I wanted it to be on me forever.

Anyway, frustrated with my artists block, I saught the council of a local ink therapist. His looking at the problem with a fresh set of ears was all it took when I told him that I needed a cool tattoo for my son Gage. He responded with "So you need a cool Gage tattoo? That sounds easy enough. Check this out!" ..... and within minutes he'd doodled up a fresh idea that sold me enough to be his next available appointment. I gained even more confidence when I learned that the soonest he had was 9 days out - and that was a fresh cancellation, otherwise I'd be looking at waiting 3 weeks.

And today was the day. So pardoning the crappy cell phone pix - and that my curvatious calf makes it look out of round even though it's totally not ..... here is my "really cool Gage tattoo".....

Here it is up close:
I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Gage_t10

and here's the whole thing:
I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Gage_t11

And for the record, Yes, I DO know that our couch is ugly. Thanks for the look!

Inked,
John
Back to top Go down

I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Empty
PostSubject: Cool Tattoo   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Awesome tattoo John and I bet your son is proud of that.I am not very impressed with all of the free flowing ink that
seems to be everywhere you look.
Even 10 year old kids with tats already and thats too young.
Your tattoo is different and really says and shows how much you love your son and that is a beautiful thing in todays
world.
Oh and by the way the ugly couch matches that ugly leg!
Take Care John
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Show me a ten year old with a real tat and there better be a parent or artist in jail. 18 is the minimum age in most states. 16 is possible WITH parental consent in many places. Still, most actual artists, not some asshole in his basement, wouldn't tat a kid under 18 let alone 16. My artist will only tat 16/17 year old with parental consent and proof of excellent grades in school. As for free flowing ink, I'm at 13 and counting.

Back on topic, Nice tat Bewbz.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:34 am

Glad there was no Air Jesus's in those pics. Wink

Wicked cool ink, dood. Gage must love it!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:01 pm

I love ink....on other people. Cool tat brah, I'm sure Gage is stoked.

Never wanted one myself, too worried I'd regret it later, but love to see excellent work and your newest is a nice one.

Damn that's an ugly couch Smile I got a bright orange one at my house you can have if you want to make a set, lol.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:37 pm

That's your leg? I thought it was flabby arm muscles.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks guys. I appreciate the love and I don't have anything on my flabby arms yet. This Gage tattoo was the 4th part in the 4 part series of name tattoos that had to be completed before getting any other ink under the "You ain't getting **** until you get something for Gage" rule.

I already have my next one drawn up and ready do go - for the back of my left calf. After that, I'd like to get my feet flamed up, then maybe a camel on my big toe - since I've always been a big fan of cameltoe. Laughing

Pretty much, this one was the damn that was keeping lots of ink from flowing from the resevoirs - and now that the damn is finally broken - I'm "allowed" to get other things that I've also been wanting for years.

Oh and Sprocket, there is no regretting the decision to get a tattoo "later". Regret shows up with the pain - which is almost immediately Razz. It's one of them deals where "I love having tattoos, but getting them SUCKS!"

I've also heard tattoos described as permanent proof of temporary insanity, so you're probably better off keeping the canvas blank if that's how you feel - but I'd think that in most cases, the names of your kids is usually a pretty safe bet of something you wouldn't regret getting.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:51 pm

lakeffect wrote:
That's your leg? I thought it was flabby arm muscles.
I thought it was one of his manboobs at first.
Pretty neat tag there John. Goes well with your other 'overpass' artwork. It's also cool that Gage can appreciate it.
Oh, and the blue flames will match up nicely with your Sunday blue flip flops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!   I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've been wanting a cool Gage tattoo for several years, and finally got it!
Page 1 of 1