GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days

Go down 
+2
81X11
Cadet57
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Empty
PostSubject: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:46 am

Proving once again that years from now people wont care about a pos Honda, but people will always love the wagon. First, yesterday I was at the tire shop having some snow tires taken off some Caprice lace rims when the guy doing the swap saw the wagon, we spent a few minutes talking about it and was enamored with how it had the 3rd jumpseat. Then a couple more guys came out. So by the time I left, I had half the tire shop talking about the wagon.

Then this am I was on my way to breakfast when an older couple in a 91/92 Caprice sedan drove by and gave me a thumbs up ( Cool ) then after breakfast I stopped at the bank where the manager was outside helping a customer with her ATM card when he saw the wagon, he and I got to talking he's a car nut who has an '87 GNX, a '72 Gran Sport with a 455 (iirc) and just sold a mint 87 Elky. He also remarked how awesome the wagon is and wanted to know if I knew anyone selling a nice 9C1. Then finally after the bank I stopped at Wally World and at the absolute end of the lot away from all the ricers and rolly poly SUV's was this fine automobile:

Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days 247086_10150208164383553_505618552_7078295_3748163_n

Was a '95 or '96 with a MINT ruby cloth interior, little bit of scale on the back quarters but overall VERY clean. As I was walking in, the owner was walking to his car and he saw mine and once again we chatted. Its his 5th (!) wagon, even owned a clamshell back in the day. He refuses to get a new car. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:05 am

Way to start a great day Justin.I still get a kick from the fact that you and Ray were just a
couple of little kids when your wagons were built and how strong your attachment to your
wagons are.Have a great weekend all.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:40 am

Glad you got some respect in the wagon! It's rare that I take mine out without someone commenting on it....isn't it fun??

And that Roady looks to have the '96 hood ornament. Very nice!

Such fun!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:28 pm

They are definitely conversation pieces.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:22 pm

What's Honda? Can it be cured with penicillin?

Can I catch it from sheep?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Please tell me you gave the forum address to that dude who's owned five of them?

I didn't even know about these until a few years ago. I do remember the ads for the SS though. They were like "Lord Vader, your car is ready." or something like that. I would always take all the car magazines from the dealerships dad worked at to look at the pictures and stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:45 pm

You know,........ we all should carry business cards and give them to other wagon lovers. Maybe the "Wagon Mafia" slogan with the gmlongroof.4umer.com to attract other wagon owners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Sprocket had an offer to get some made. Would be kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Yup, the compliments are cool. Even my crayola box gets compliments from people. Last time I had tires put on, several older folks were amazed that one of these old wagons was still on the road. Don't really see them much at all around here. They told me to get it painted and hold on to it cause they wished they still had their old rides.

Definitely need some cards to hand out. Although I have only a seen couple others around here, ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days   Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon Got Lots of Lovin The Past Two Days
Page 1 of 1