GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Deer Hit in SD

Go down 
+4
Krzdimond
brokecello
Sprocket
themasterping
8 posters
AuthorMessage
themasterping

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Well, crappy first post here, hopefully in the correct section (couldnt decide on introductions/wanted/whatever so i put it here). I'm a long time lurker of these forums, i've gained lots of knowledge from you guys...sooo thanks, i suppose :-D. Anyhow, on vacation up in Rapid City, South Dakota i hit a deer and am going to be working on getting my car back in shape to make the 12hr drive back to OKC. I was curious if any of you guys happened to be within the city and happen to have some spare parts available for the frontend of a 94 Buick RMW (parts could come from lots of models as you know). I'm staying with a friend so i can get a ride places, but the distance is limited as their time is.

I'm also posting this on the Buick Forums, apologies for the semi-doublepost here, just wanted to broaden my chances.

Looks like i cant post links yet, i suppose i can PM some if you would like to see the damage. I have a very similar post on the buick forums with pics too.

Luckily airbags didnt deploy, and it missed the bumper. Bad news is the hood got pushed back a bit and both fenders are pushed out a little from the hinges on the hood, just a tiny bit, hopefully it's not worse than it looks on the inside.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined and know this car really well from all the work i've done on it, so fixing the stuff shouldnt be a problem. Any suggestions would ofcourse be appreciated though :-D. Gonna start pulling things back into shape and building a parts-list today.

-Ping
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:00 pm

you could also try over on the impalassforum.com lot's of helpful folk over there too and with a bigger member base more possibility to find a local....

Good luck! DId you try looking for any U-Pullits near where you are?
Back to top Go down
themasterping

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Cool, i totally forgot about impalass forums! Will probably be checking out what's open today (i know of atleast one), most junkyards are closed on sunday tho afaik.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Ouch man....sorry to see, but glad you could walk away from it! Good luck getting your wagon back on track, I know you will find those parts!

Chris

Deer Hit in SD Masterpingpic

Last edited by Krzdimond on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture resize)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Meh, 'tis but a flesh wound.....

Use a ratchet strap over the hood (connected to the wheel openings on the fenders) and drive it for another 100K cheers

Glad you are OK and there were no human injuries.
Back to top Go down

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Chris whose wagon is that with all the damage?
JimG
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:53 pm

I have a 94 RMW with 104K, ready to go less an AC charge MAB with a tan interior. If you wanna nurse yours home, then fly down to FL, I'll make you a deal ($800) on the whole car (need to get it our of my yard....have too many). It needs paint, and has a weird rust area on the roof, but if interested contact me and I'll give you the info. I'd drive it to Cali tomorrow.

For the price of an LT1, get a whole care with all the parts you need and a good motor....
Back to top Go down
themasterping

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm

That pic that got posted is of mine, thanks for posting it Very Happy

I got the hood, rad and condenser out today and pulled and jacked the supports back into shape, no luck with the yards that were open today, but there are some awesome junkyards around here so I should be able to get everything I need tomorrow.

everything else is good, motor and bumper went untouched, we got most of it pulled back out so it's ready for new parts, woot!

I appreciate the offer on the car sprocket, I'm getting sentimental about this one though, gotta fix it.

-ping
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Might be easier to just replace the whole front clip (fenders and hood as a unit) unless you can get everything lined up properly.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 pm

its a really Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig picture,. of a dented roady,. i can only see someof it,. and can't read the 3ft of text to go with it,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:56 am

phantom 309 wrote:
its a really Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig picture,. of a dented roady,. i can only see someof it,. and can't read the 3ft of text to go with it,.

Nick

If you post a big picture, it makes every other post on the page super wide. Right now, the text is about three screens wide. Can you please resize the picture?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
themasterping

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Might be easier to de-post it and just put a link in there to my buickforums thread. I wouldificouldbuticant Sad

-Aaron
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Picture re-sized......
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Ouch...sad stuff. Hope you get it alive again soon!

I took out a deer in New Jersey in a 1983 Isuzu I-Mark back in high school. Deer flew over the car and took a big crap all over the hood, windshield and and roof. I was never so happy in my life...I got to get rid of that POS I-Mark and got my 79 Bonneville Brougham. God Bless that deer...... Smile
Back to top Go down
themasterping

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:16 pm

I lucked out yesterday after half a day of junkyards, turns out NONE of the junkyards had a compatible radiator/set of fans - BUT one of them knew a mechanic that had one and i was able to get a radiator (PERFECT match) and two working fans and brackets (plus the rad hold down plate) for $120. Apparently 94 is "old" now and the junkyards are starting to crush off everything that "old". Paid $50 for the headlight assembly at another junk yard.

Got everything put back in yesterday and it's alive again. The bottom trans line is leaking a bit so i have to work on that today, as well as diagnosing the "air bag" light on the dash to make sure that shits not going to explode in my face.

Just confirming here, but will removing the AC relay under the hood make sure that the compressor will never kick on? I didnt get a condenser so i just have the lines zip-lock-rubberbanded right now, and just want to be double sure it's not going to kick on and kill itself.

Thanks everyone for your input!
-Ping
Back to top Go down
TylerW

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 pm

81X11 wrote:
Ouch...sad stuff. Hope you get it alive again soon!

I took out a deer in New Jersey in a 1983 Isuzu I-Mark back in high school. Deer flew over the car and took a big crap all over the hood, windshield and and roof. I was never so happy in my life...I got to get rid of that POS I-Mark and got my 79 Bonneville Brougham. God Bless that deer...... Smile

Was it a diesel?

These days you can pretty much name your price for a diesel I-Mark since they get 51mpg and are so scarce. I've had 3 of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deer Hit in SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deer Hit in SD   Deer Hit in SD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deer Hit in SD
Page 1 of 1