GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

went to jy today in nj

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

went to jy today in nj Empty
PostSubject: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:22 pm

i went to junk yards in nj tody. but before report i know are wagons are getting older but i was surprised at one yard i went to they said they dont have anything as old as 1994. i went to dirkes on route 322 they had a 96 caprice gold color with tan int. was rear ended on drivers side i took the dr side front wheel well the pass side was rusted, but not under the battery. i took the ecm. car is all there except the gauges where gone, it has a posi and tow package car. they also had a 94ish z28 the drive train was gone but i snagged the gauges. is there a way to tell what year the car was? the stickers in the door jam where a mess i took the vin # if that would help.

i also went to shorty's on 322 they had 2 wagons 1 occ the front was missing the hood bumper and one fender taillights where still there but 2 different years 1 black and other the redish color. someone took all the door panels. they also had a rusty roady wagon 94. white with tan someone got all the rocker trim. i took part of the harness for the ecm. also had a roady tbi sedan. so if your in nj and need parts hope this will help
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:07 pm

John I dont think it will be much longer before our wagons will disappear from the JYs.Particularly
the northern JYs.Down in texas they will be around for a long time but picked to pieces like a
buzzard picks a carcass clean.I know I told you but damn that shiny cargo bar looks good on my
wagon.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:27 pm

If that OCC still has the front bumper cover I know someone down here jonesin for one, he's Freightliner00 on the ISSF. He's good people, but a bit of a wheeler dealer (it's a cultrural thing).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:42 pm

John your wagon sure stand out this weekend at the SS meet!
Jim
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 pm

sprocket the bumper cover was gone. jim the occ rack had the same bar i got you but in black is that the more common color?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Black is an OCC only cross bar....that is in the low profile ones, so yes they are much harder to come by.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
. is there a way to tell what year the car was? the stickers in the door jam where a mess i took the vin # if that would help.

10th digit should be R for 94, S for 95, T for 96 etc,. etc,.,

Nick
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:51 am

cool thanks nick i will check it in morning
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:11 pm

One of my favorite Jersey yards was GI's Auto Salvage in Pine Brook....off Rt 80 I think. It's been close to 20 years since I've been there, but it was a big place in the late 80's and early 90's and I raided a ton of parts from there for my teenage toys.

Anyone know if it's still there?

There was also Kobers in Washington Twp, and I loved that place, mainly due to all the stuff going back to the 1940's. Could spend hours just looking around.

There was another good yard in Clinton off I-78, was not big but they had a lot. It was near the Laneco that a buddy told me is now a Wal Mart.....I would have cut off a limb to have had a Wal Mart in Jersey when I lived up there.

Other than that, we used to to to Pennsy a lot. There were a couple of yards in Allentown, and a huge one on the side of a mountain in Scranton. Before I moved I found Harry's U-Pull-It....which was a heck of a drive but lots of cars and good prices.

Gotta love yarding.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 pm

the one thing bad about the u-pull it yards is the cars dont last long before they get crushed. when i was a kid most jy would have cars for years. it was like going back in time. as you walked threw the yard you could see decades, usually the back was filled with old cars and as you got near the front they got newer. i miss seeing that you could see some unusual stuff. but back then the prices where higher. now with the u pull it yards you can pick something up and see if you can make it fit and if it does not it not a big lose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: went to jy today in nj   went to jy today in nj Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

went to jy today in nj
Page 1 of 1