GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TIRE NIGHTMARES!

Go down 
+7
Cadet57
phantom 309
toomanytoyz
Al H.
1phastsswagon
sherlock9c1
81X11
11 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 am

Wow I had a heck of an afternoon yesterday. My brother asked me to drive him to the airport at 3pm. It's about a 45-min trip each way. Picked him up in the Roady, got him dropped off at the airport no problem.

Got on the toll-road to head home. Cruising at about 80 and the car starts shaking. Flat tire. I pulled over and sure enough have a nail in the left rear tire. Thankfully the weather was nice and I was able to change it pretty quickly, but the nail was on the outer edge. so I knew I'd need a new tire. I also noticed the inside tread was really worn....odd for a tire on the rear of the car....?

My spare is one of the original steel 15-inch wheels with a white-wall "Gold Seal" tire on it. Looks real attractive, but better than a donut.

It was only a little after 4pm so I decided to run by my favorite Mexican used tire store, which was on the way home anyway. He usually has a stash of Pirelli Mustang take-off's. Got there and he had one Pirelli to match my others. Nice. He went to jack the car up using the hitch, like you have to, and once it was in the air he got the spare off, took my flat tire out of the back, and then called me over and pointed at the right rear tire.

So get this, the inside tread of my right rear tire was not only down to the metal, but was seperating....I'm talking about to blow. WHAT????

Chico only had the one Pirelli, and now I needed two tires. He pulled me aside and said he'd just gotten a delivery of two sets of Goodyear GS-R tires in my size, 235/55/17, and they looked new, but he didn't want to break the sets. I went and looked and they did look new, and after some haggling he agreed to sell me all four tires for $160, with mounting and balancing included. Ok then.

So he got to work and I watched the sun set. A few minutes later he came and got me and pointed out that my front brake pads are almost to the metal. Ahahaha...super! So I have that to do this weekend, in addition to taking it to the alignment place to see why the rear tires wore like that.

Chico got done a little after 5pm. He even did the balance weights on the rear of the wheels, looks sharp, and I like Goodyear tires, so not a big deal. My front tires still had some tread but these are better.

Got in the car and it rode smooth. Was happy, for $160 I had four nearly-new tires and was still going to beat my wife home.

Pulled into a gas station, set the pump and while the car was filling up I walked to the front of the car and admired my new tires. Really good tread, was feeling good....until I hear a slight hiss. I leaned down close to the right front tire and sure enough, it was leaking.....from the sidewall! Say what? Right in the middle of the ribbed area where it says Goodyear there was a tiny cut. Arrggh!!!

Knowing Chico's was closed now I pulled over to the side and changed my tire...AGAIN, and put the spare on the right front this time. Got home after 6pm, dirty, tired an generally pissed.

So my plan was today to drive the car in and run over to Chico's at lunch to have him give me another tire. At least I know he has four more, and he's a good guy, I know he'll swap it.

So this morning it's raining, a super-rare occurence in the drought we're in. I come out to go to work, and now the left front tire is flat!!!!!!

I said screw it, loaded my kiddo in the brown '79 Buick and backed the nice old car out into the rain and came on into work in it. I HATE having the Electra sitting out in the rain...

So now my plan is to go home at lunch, air up the left front tire, and go back to Chico's for two more Goodyears. Surely out of the four he has left, two will hold air.

Suspect

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 am

So now that I've done the rant above, I've got a question for the tech/tire guys on here. What would make the inside treads on the rear wear like that? It's a solid axle....it's not like the wheels can lean in??

The car tracks straight down the highway, no pull. When I had the last batch of tires put on, I had it aligned. I wonder if they aligned it like a '96 Roadmaster with 15-inch wheels and if they need to alingn it like an Impala with 17-inch wheels.....

Also, I did pull the boat a lot this summer, in the HOT heat, with the car loaded with people and stuff every time. Maybe those Z-rated Pirelli P-Zero Mustang tires just did not hold up with all the weight on them...heavy car full of people in the heat towing a boat. Could that be it?

As soon as I get the tire issue sorted out, I'm going to do the pads myself and then go get the car aligned again. I'm just wondering if there is something I need to look for or tell the alignment shop.

Thoughts???

-Mike
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:27 am

Have the alignment of all four wheels checked and post up what they say. Especially the camber of all four wheels.

Some shops don't like to tell you the "before" specs - just ran into this last weekend. They'll just say "it's out and needs an alignment." Say "I'm not paying for it unless you tell me what all the current specs are."

Then post them up.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 am

WOW Mike sounds like if you had no bad luck you would have no luck at all. Sucks to hear about your misfortunes.

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Have the alignment of all four wheels checked and post up what they say. Especially the camber of all four wheels.

Some shops don't like to tell you the "before" specs - just ran into this last weekend. They'll just say "it's out and needs an alignment." Say "I'm not paying for it unless you tell me what all the current specs are."

Then post them up.

Sad part about it - Is with the newer alignment machines "TECHs" can print bogus sheets or falsify them so they look worse than what they really are. Shops make a killing on those "4 wheels alignments" and all the techs do is run a few bolts/turnbuckles in or out, and sometimes not even at all
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 am

1phastsswagon wrote:
WOW Mike sounds like if you had no bad luck you would have no luck at all. Sucks to hear about your misfortunes.

sherlock9c1 wrote:

Then post them up.

Sad part about it - Is with the newer alignment machines "TECHs" can print bogus sheets or falsify them so they look worse than what they really are. Shops make a killing on those "4 wheels alignments" and all the techs do is run a few bolts/turnbuckles in or out, and sometimes not even at all

I trust my alignment guy. Helps that I had a shop myself for 10 years, even if it was just an AC shop, I know a lot of folks now. I was concerned that I possibly needed to have the alinment done like and Ipala, not a Roady, since I have bigger and wider tires now....
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Same here I have a buddy of mine do all the Stuff I cant do, and he lets me right in the shop and even help while hes working on it
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
sherlock9c1

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Mike, two observations:

1. You can check the load rating of the Pirellis yourself - just get the information off the sidewalls and look it up online.
2. If Chico installed 4 tires for $160, you better be real nice to him. That's a fantastic fantastic deal.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:21 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Mike, two observations:

1. You can check the load rating of the Pirellis yourself - just get the information off the sidewalls and look it up online.
2. If Chico installed 4 tires for $160, you better be real nice to him. That's a fantastic fantastic deal.

Oh yeah he's had my business for years and I send him business all the time. He has nice take-off tires cheap....has buddies at a lot of the local dealerships.
Back to top Go down
Al H.

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:32 pm

What's the load rating on those tires?
I'd guess wrong load rating or too much weight and/or underinflation and it burned up the sidewalls, seen it before.
I seriously doubt it has anything to do with alignment on a rear wheel drive car with a solid axle rear suspension?
There is no rear camber adjustment , that's more of front wheel drive or independent rear suspension deal.
The car would dogleg if the rear was off in any way that it could be, was the boat in the lane next to you when you were pulling it? Smile
The alignment machine checks the rear automatically if you had a computerized alignment done.
You should get a before and after printout of the specs after you have an alignment , my place gives one to anybody that gets one done.
It's the only thing besides shooting paint I let anybody else do to "my" cars.

Why do you "have to" use the hitch to jack the car up?
I guess I'm out of luck because I don't have a hitch. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Damn dude, that totally sucks! I hope you get it straightened out today. Talk about the unthinkable! Sheesh! One lifetime's worth of tire troubles in a single afternoon!

And... I wish I had a Mexican tire store around here.... Wink

Oh, and here's my contribution to the thread, picking up your slack for your (completely unacceptable) lack of pics! Wink
TIRE NIGHTMARES! LookWhatIPickedUpToday
(picked that up in the marshmallow a couple winters ago on a cold, snowy, slushy, wet, dark, ride home after work...)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

heavy load, big bump,.bump stops meets axle tube,pinion snubber hits floor,..bends housing,.doesn't show so much with skinny tires, but shows up quick with wide ones,.
Live axles don't have camber.
JMHO,.
Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Ok, thanks for all the tips and twist my arm, posting pics below.

I went back to the tire shop at lunch, but had some fun first. When I got home the other front tire that was flat had popped off the bead since this morning, so there was no airing it up in my driveway.

In the rain, which I'm not griping about because we need it terribly, I jacked the car up and used the ORIGINAL and never-been-used spare tire from the '79 Electra on the Roady. The spare in the '79 was a full-size Uniroyal and it still had the factory "yellowed" sticker on it...........don't tell Ben I used it. I felt bad doing it.

SO Chico was super nice, put the other Goodyears he had in stock on the fronts (and they are Eagle RS-A's, not GS-A's...not sure where I got GS-A..).

So at long last, your pics folks...

Is this a good look for my wagon.....don't think so...
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires044
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires045

This is what came off the left rear wheel....say what?? WHY did it wear like this???
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires052
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires042
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires043

New-to-me tires. Goodyear Eagle RS-A 235/55/17
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires047
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires048
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires049

New tires.....dirty wet car!
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires050

And a wet and dirty '79 Electra. I felt SO BAD pulling it into the rain this morning. First time that car has been driven on rain in 3-4 years. The wipers still worked...will be cleaning it up this weekend, poor thing.
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Tires046

I'm thankful for the rain but not for the associated mess...

SO tomorrow putting front pads and the Roady and then off to the alignment shop.

Never a dull moment. Will post what they say when I get it aligned.

-Mike

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:24 pm

Old tires, Pirelli P-Zero Nero:
Brand: PIRELLI
Size: 235/55-17
Speed Rating: W
Type: UHP AS
Load Index: 98
Sidewall: BSW

New Tires, Goodyear Eagle RS-A:
Brand: GOODYEAR
Size: 235/55-17
Speed Rating: W
Type: HIGH PERFORMANCE ALL-SEASON
Load Index: 98
Sidewall: VSB

They seem about the same, rating-wise.

-Mike

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Well I may have screwed up on my new tire choice. I Googled Eagle RS-A's and the reviews are HORRIBLE. I'm somewhat shocked. .....No wonder I got them so cheap... Weird!

I'd had really good service out of the Mustang-takeoff Pirelli tires, and the P-Zero Nero's were rated really well. I guess I should have gone to some of the other used tire places or jumped on Craigslist before nabbing these Goodyears...but I've always had good luck with Goodyears tires and the price was great, and they have tons of tread.

We'll see what happens.

-Mike

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:58 pm

I think you'll like the RS-A's. I have them on my VW, they're a great tire. Good in the rain, pretty good in the snow (not that you care Laughing ). Quiet on the highway too.

Btw, ignore the Tire Rack reviews. All of those are people who have them as an OEM factory tire. From my research the OEM and retail tires are different. I've had these for close to two years and they're a great tire. I wouldn't hesitate to get them again.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I think you'll like the RS-A's. I have them on my VW, they're a great tire. Good in the rain, pretty good in the snow (not that you care Laughing ). Quiet on the highway too.

Btw, ignore the Tire Rack reviews. All of those are people who have them as an OEM factory tire. From my research the OEM and retail tires are different. I've had these for close to two years and they're a great tire. I wouldn't hesitate to get them again.

I was feeling so much better until you wrote that last paragraph.... Chico gets most of his used tires from dealerships as take-off's, either when the dealer or customer upgrades to new or larger wheels or tires, or possibly if tires are recalled for issues. I know the ones I bought most likely came from one of the local car dealerships....as to why, who knows. Ha!

Again, we'll see what happens!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 pm

81X11 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

I was feeling so much better until you wrote that last paragraph.... Chico gets most of his used tires from dealerships as take-off's, either when the dealer or customer upgrades to new or larger wheels or tires, or possibly if tires are recalled for issues. I know the ones I bought most likely came from one of the local car dealerships....as to why, who knows. Ha!

-Mike

All you can do. Even if you don't end up liking them, they didn't break the bank and then later you can splurge for some really nice tires. But like I said, my experience with the RS-A has been nothing but positive. And I've always taken those reviews with a grain of salt. I once saw a 1 star review because the woman said the tires made "a lot of noise on grooved concrete on a road under construction" Rolling Eyes. Guess what sweetcheeks, ALL tires would make noise....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
81X11 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

-Mike

All you can do. Even if you don't end up liking them, they didn't break the bank and then later you can splurge for some really nice tires. But like I said, my experience with the RS-A has been nothing but positive. And I've always taken those reviews with a grain of salt. I once saw a 1 star review because the woman said the tires made "a lot of noise on grooved concrete on a road under construction" Rolling Eyes. Guess what sweetcheeks, ALL tires would make noise....

Hahaha...very good point!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:27 pm

A lot of the 9C1 guys loved the RSA's, but can't get them in 235/70/15's anymore, or they are like 180 bucks A TIRE or something ridiculous like that. They were the 9C1 service tire. Nice choice. Eff the reviews! Wink

(and LOWER IT!)

lol
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
A lot of the 9C1 guys loved the RSA's, but can't get them in 235/70/15's anymore, or they are like 180 bucks A TIRE or something ridiculous like that. They were the 9C1 service tire. Nice choice. Eff the reviews! Wink

Yeah, I tried finding them for the wagon. No such luck Sad
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Good to hear, thanks all. They look great and have really good tread, and rode smooth on the highway coming back to work.

And no Crovo, it rides low enough, especially when I tow. Any lower and I'd be in a panic all the time! I don't want to have to sweat over driveways and speedbumps! Smile

Brakes and alignment tomorrow, and we'll see whats-what.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:02 am

Just an FYI, despite all the negative online reviews these Eagle RS/A's are holding up really well. Have taken two loaded road trips with them and driven daily, and can not see any wear at all yet, plus they ride smooth.

If you have Impala wheels these are worth looking at.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:38 am

Just keep in mind that the guy yelling at you to "lower it" has one, 20lb kid, not a corral full of big'uns to haul around.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 am

jimbeau wrote:
Just keep in mind that the guy yelling at you to "lower it" has one, 20lb kid, not a corral full of big'uns to haul around.

Yep mine will stay as it is. Between hauling wife, 5 kids and big dog, plus towing boats and trailers, it can not sit any lower than it does now.

And besides, I don't like sweating over potholes, speedbumps, and such......and it still rubs the exhaust tip on my parents steep driveway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:00 am

The separation on the inside of the tire could be a broken belt. You would not notice any pull in the rear, but if the belt is broken, the tire expands at speed, and can act like a camber problem if it is only on one side.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 am

I've been riding the same size RS-As for about 5 months now with no issues. If they were good enough for cops to use on 9C1s they gotta be a good tire IMHO.

Funny thing is I bought a set of 4 unmounted for $200 practically new. The sat in my garage for 6 months and when I went to have them mounted, two of them had slits in the sidewalls like yours did....guy I bought them from was long gone Sad So I paid 200 for two tires and another 40 bucks to get them mounted and balanced. 160 for a set? that's a great deal.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Yep it took a few tries to find a used set with good side walls. Seems to be an issue on RS/A's. I'm really careful never to rub a curb with these tires..seems like leakage is common. At least these tires are common, all the mexican used tire shops have tons in stock.

As for the weird rear tire wear, I've since replaced both the rear springs and shocks, rebuilt pretty much the entire front steering linkage and put new shocks up there, and had the car aligned.

Knock-on-fake-wood, the tires seem to be wearing fine now. Smile

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Everytime you post a pic of your 79 I can't help but to think, "Well I'll be damned. They were wrong all these years. You really CAN polish a turd!"

Nothing against the car, of course, it's just the most poop-brownish car I've ever seen anybody ever be gah-gah about.

Glad you got all your tire drama behind you brother, so now you can refocus on keeping it sterile. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Bewber wrote:
Everytime you post a pic of your 79 I can't help but to think, "Well I'll be damned. They were wrong all these years. You really CAN polish a turd!"

Nothing against the car, of course, it's just the most poop-brownish car I've ever seen anybody ever be gah-gah about.

Glad you got all your tire drama behind you brother, so now you can refocus on keeping it sterile. Very Happy

Hey now, I LIKE Baby Doo-Doo Brown cars!! Every other car in the parking lot is silver, white, or grey. Brown shows up!
TIRE NIGHTMARES! Waxed79Aug31001

And keep in mind, I'm about to have a same-color brown Z28 down here in the next few months. Why be like everyone else??
TIRE NIGHTMARES! 82_Z28_9
TIRE NIGHTMARES! 82_Z28_1
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:43 pm

If you're buying brown cars to stand out, I submit that you may be ignoring MANY other, MUCH more stand out-ish options.

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Wild%20Car
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Bewber wrote:
... it's just the most poop-brownish car I've ever seen anybody ever be gah-gah about.
... except maybe for the Root-Beer Float.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Bewber wrote:
If you're buying brown cars to stand out, I submit that you may be ignoring MANY other, MUCH more stand out-ish options.

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Wild%20Car

It's ok, my '67 GTO is going to be purple....excuse me, Plum Mist

Before
TIRE NIGHTMARES! TheGoat025

After???????
TIRE NIGHTMARES! 67_00005_1

And my Cutlass and Roady are boring white cars, right?

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Looks great!
I loves me a 67 hardtop goat mo then enny utha!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Haha - just razzing you.

But since you asked......

Roady = cool because of your mods.
Gutlass = boring by default of being overwhelmingly "meh" in the history of cars.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Bewber wrote:
Haha - just razzing you.

But since you asked......

Roady = cool because of your mods.
Gutlass = boring by default of being overwhelmingly "meh" in the history of cars.

Hey now, I LOVE my white Gutless...or will if I every get the 350 dropped in and running! T-tops, floor shift, buckets, full gauges, handling package, chrome Super Stocks......who you calling boring??? Evil or Very Mad

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Cutlassshop
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Mustard and baloney 79,.beeyuik

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:11 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Mustard and baloney 79,.beeyuik

Nick

Could always be worse, I keep looking at this....right down the road from me. Wink

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2928215394.html

Can you just tell me which end is the front???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TIRE NIGHTMARES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIRE NIGHTMARES!   TIRE NIGHTMARES! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIRE NIGHTMARES!
Page 1 of 1