GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Operation "Test Bed" started today

Go down 
+20
brokecello
sherlock9c1
convert2diesel
lakeffect
rh96ss
jimbeau
81X11
a1awind
s1l1sc
Olds Weighty Eight
1993 Roady-man
DBeaSSt
Lynol
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
buickestate
phantom 309
Bewber
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Operation "Test Bed" started today Empty
PostSubject: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Got her home today, just a stop in the wagon train, en route to her final home..... somewhere Cool I'll let the owner speak up if they wish.

I had forgotten how BAD these cars ride! Mine is modified, wheels, shocks, airlift bags, boxed control arms and such. THIS THING FLOATS!!! Almost got seasick lol

Push on the D pillar and the car just rock on the sidewalls so much that it pitches violently. shaking 11-1 on the steering wheel at speed is down right scary.

Needs an oil change and new air and fuel filter, minor tune up stuff and she'll be good to go to get home. Wife is NOT happy and I have to park her down the street (no room at the inn).

Anyway, while she is in my care, I plan to use her as an advertising tool.... before and after pics.

Here are some befores:

Operation "Test Bed" started today 001

Operation "Test Bed" started today 002

Operation "Test Bed" started today 010

Operation "Test Bed" started today 011

Anyway, just feels good to say that I own more than one wagon.... even for a short time (Need to get the title in my name before I can sell her to the "rightful" owner)
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Looking forward to the "after" shots. Wink
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Me too. When I asked her "when was the last time it was waxed" her response was "what's wax?"
9 years outside in the Georgia sun. I have my work cut out for me......

Interior is worse. Can't start on that until I get the feder fixed and the passenger door open.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Good call on parking it down the street. I'd hate for it to kill a spot on your, ahem, "lawn". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:32 pm

haha,. bored eh??
nick

thats right people,. i called it first right here,..
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Isn't it time for you to go out and shovel some snow John? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:36 pm

You did Nick, but she isn't mine. Just had to purchase and title before I sell her back to the next owner.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

It'll buff out!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 pm

How was the ride home?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Oh by the way her new home is up here in the north eh! I'm excited! bounce
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 pm

buickestate wrote:
How was the ride home?

Like a $2 hooker with a $20 tip..... sloppy.

Nothing that can't be fixed with air pressure in the tires - I had forgotten how much the 235/70/15's "wiggle" - and some elbow grease. She'll be ready for your ride home.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Called that one last week Smile.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:57 pm

My favorite color!! There is a low mileage DGGM no wood car in Mt. Airy Maryland for sale. Very tempting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Glad you getting back into the wagon game,Pat.Your last wagon gave its life for you so saving
another is payback.When is it coming north?
Jim
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Looks like it needs some TLC (in addition to the body damage) but hey, no rust. DGGM looks real good on the Caprice! Sounds like it was unloved in it's old home. Glad someone here will get it and bring it back to it's former glory.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:48 am

Robert, I always suspected you were something of a masochist. Wink Should make for some great before and after shots!

Congrats Pat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 am

Nice score Pat, And she should look good when buffed out.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Oooh. It has the gravitationally-challenged headliner option like my OCC. Excellent! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Found the problem with the sloppy ride....... 1 tire was at 16psi and the other 3 were at 20psi.

Changed the filters and fluids and she runs just fine now. Also found a nice surprise while changing the oil..... NO CATS! they were cut out and replaced with straight pipe.

that, and the air filter was so bad, mud daubers made a nest in the pleats and you couldn't see any light through it when held up to direct sunlight.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:50 pm

ouch. Sounds like she was neglected quite a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Wonder if no cats are a problem for the future owner up north?
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Cats are for chinese food...

Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Krzdimond wrote:

mud daubers made a nest in the pleats and you couldn't see any light through it when held up to direct sunlight.

I had a girlfriend like that once,...

no cats is a pain for ontario,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Krzdimond wrote:
you couldn't see any light through it when held up to direct sunlight.

I had a girlfriend like that once,...Nick

That is the problem with birdshot. Next time try Buckshot....
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:13 pm

I'll have to make the wagon purr so it can pass Ontario E tests
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Pat,do they use sniffers and physically check underneath if cats are required?
Jim
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Yes Jim they do, and they also have Ecops that do random roadside inspections and check for factory emission equipment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Knock on wood,around here they dont even lift my hood but I have known the inspector for about
40 years.I know in some countys here in Va they check for cats and use sniffers but no roadside
checks that I am aware of.
Jim
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:43 pm

its just a tax grab Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Cant wait to see the wagon after Robert gets finished with it!
Jim
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 pm

so glad there are no inspections in SC. :-)

Another reason I don't want to be in Charlotte even though work is moving to NC... Thankfully is close enough to the state line so I can find something in SC and not have to worry about emissions.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 am

so ONT. is like CA. roaming emissions testing. freaking green nazi's. they bitch about your car being one ppm over the threshold and say nothing about the douche bag with the dodge ram pumping a storm cloud of black soot out of 2 giant 6" stacks.
yeah you may sound like a big rig...but nicks truck will drag your ass backward up a hill without breaking a sweat.

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:00 pm

OK, that was so funny, I had to play it 4 times.

Cheap trick's "Dream Police" changed to "Green Police" Classic.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Glad another one got saved! Have fun with it Pat, and looking forward to the updates as you fix her up!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Robert can you put them ecco stickers on my wagon before I pick it up?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Hydrocarbon powered eco vehicle?

Those the ones you want?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm

yep thems be the ones...
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 pm

like the coal-powered Volt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Dealers dont even want any Volts on their lots.Only sold a few with the tax credit and now thats
gone,so no sale.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Update:

I had a couple of free minutes today so I introduced the drivers rear door and quarter panel to a wool pad and high speed buffer. I only have one wool pad, and it was SO gummed up with oxidized paint that i had to stop after only 2 panels.

Solar flares are wreaking havoc on my internet so the pics are taking way too long to load. I'll post when they are ready.

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:05 pm

cool can't wait to see the improvements
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:49 pm

As a reminder....

this is what it looked like when I started:

Operation "Test Bed" started today 010

and after just compounding. Polishing and wax will follow later.

Operation "Test Bed" started today 009-1

Now on to some others.

Operation "Test Bed" started today 004-1

Operation "Test Bed" started today 005-1

CAUTION: shameless plug follows... Very Happy

Operation "Test Bed" started today 007-1

Operation "Test Bed" started today 010-1

still need to get the front door....

Operation "Test Bed" started today 012

All of the pics are here: https://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h143/krzdimond/Caprice/
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 pm

looking good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Robert you ROCK.Please tell me you are going to take it by the POs house and let her see it.
Looked at those pictures 5 times and am getting ready to tackle my wagon.Damn that IS
beautiful.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Robert you ROCK.Please tell me you are going to take it by the POs house and let her see it.
Looked at those pictures 5 times and am getting ready to tackle my wagon.Damn that IS
beautiful.
Jim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 pm

WOW!!! Nice work Robert!!!!!! I looks like I did not keep mine in your driveway long enough. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Nice work. Looking like it will come out nice.
Glad I didn't buy it to just part out, but also not happy because if I did buy it, it could have been a cheap ride.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:34 pm

rh96ss wrote:
Glad I didn't buy it to just part out, but also not happy because if I did buy it, it could have been a cheap ride.

I am note sure it would fit very well in your fleet of cream puffs.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
rh96ss wrote:

I am note sure it would fit very well in your fleet of cream puffs.

I agree. This Caprice will never win a trophy, but it will be a decent daily driver.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Wow, that looks great! I thought that paint was checked... Guess not. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation "Test Bed" started today
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next