GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Operation "Test Bed" started today

Go down 
+20
brokecello
sherlock9c1
convert2diesel
lakeffect
rh96ss
jimbeau
81X11
a1awind
s1l1sc
Olds Weighty Eight
1993 Roady-man
DBeaSSt
Lynol
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
buickestate
phantom 309
Bewber
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 am

the stores here do not sell cherry coke
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 am

Was that the cause of the riot?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:52 am

stupid college kids with no respect for anyone or anything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Pat,that was an understatement.These damn foolish kids actually destoyed some of their own
property.They seem incapable of rational thought and enjoy the "riot mentality".The faces they
make when being arrested,seems like they dont think they did anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:24 pm

for those of you not familiar with what jimbeau and jim are on about

there is a cul de sac near our local community college that has become a student ghetto over the past 5-10 years. This is not new or news to me it's just got worse the local cops just don't know how/ or are just not prepared to deal with over 1000 angry drunk kids with an uncertain future.

Do we blame parents? or society at large? or both?

should the london city police gotten more aggressive? or just do what they are doing right now reviewing video and scanning the social media with face reconition software and laying charges after the crime. the irony here is that most of the property damaged belongs to the students and or their parents. Most of the long term families that once lived in that area have long since sold out and moved to quieter parts of the city.

There is a silver lining to this stupidity, the landlords and parents need to hire guys like me to repair the damage.......

they say you can't fix stupid, but I say remove all the safety warning labels on things and the problem will fix it'self
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 pm

That damn movie "Project X" isnt helping matters either!One kid dead and counting at these
copycat partys.I feel for the parents,losing their child because of a stupid movie that their
kids are trying to imitate!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

^^^Parties that glorify drinking and wild Parties are not new, you can't blame them I grew up watching all sorts of violence in films and TV and I still managed to turn out ok (by at least a few peoples standards), blaming deaths on movies and TV shows is a cop out.

Bad parenting and lack of proper education are the issues here.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:05 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Looks good and remember never tell anybody it doesn't match because most people can't see it. Never shoot yourself in the foot. Learned that long time ago,.. great job.

I walked by Robert's car 3 times and didn't notice the color non match until he pointed out and then only saw it when he asked if I was blind.

Might be a perfect match for the hood, who knows? Find out in about 10 days lol
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:38 pm

John, not sure how you could NOT See the difference in color.... too dark and too blue.

Pat, no package today Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:59 pm

I noticed the clearcoat more than the color...just like you noticed my quarter crinkle more than my interior. Lol

More pics!!! Smile I wish you were closer, I would have given you my front bumper Robert! It really looks nice, I just hope my grille matches the hood when he is done.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 pm

The next pics will be posted by Pat after he gets it. I am working on something and do not want to spoil the surprise cheers
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm

...oh gawd...flames...
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Flames are sooooooo passe' I'm going CHROME!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Hey less chatting don't you have some chrome to go buff up?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Jarrod share his secret rear bumper?!? Now you have me wondering...chrome...where?? I know..hush hush!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

I'll see it first.

Well... second.

But I'm not even allowed to TAKE pics. Pat's orders.

Sad
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 pm

five more days getting excited..... bounce
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Manufactured Patina SUCKS!!! I had NO idea how hard it is, but I'm getting better... Waxing with a Brillo pad seems to be helping...... Cool
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:18 pm

the faux weathering better be even looking!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I left it in the walmart parking lot ALL day, so there should be all kinds of dents, dings, and appropriate scratches...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:28 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Manufactured Patina SUCKS!!! I had NO idea how hard it is, but I'm getting better... Waxing with a Brillo pad seems to be helping...... Cool

chlorine after the brillo pads will give you that surface rust look pretty quick Surprised
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks for the tip. From what I understand, you cannot register a car above the Mason-Dixon line without the dealer installed (or in this case, aftermarket) rust. Something about "unfair competitive practices"
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 am

Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 011__scaled_600_018

Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 33010010282_large
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:03 am

Well the wait is almost over Pat, and hopefully you guy's will post picture's of the group of you that are getting together. I mean the group of wagons. lol
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Thanks for the tip. From what I understand, you cannot register a car above the Mason-Dixon line without the dealer installed (or in this case, aftermarket) rust. Something about "unfair competitive practices"

Ahahahahaha! Yep I've heard that too!!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm

here is what Robert has been doing today

Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 20120323_171356

Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 20120323_171134
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Looking good.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:43 pm

..like the wheelcovers....
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:03 pm

brokecello wrote:
..like the wheelcovers....

I got those nice buick turbines here to go on, but I'm looking for something more like crovo's
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:48 pm

uhh...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Like Crovo's what? My Coys?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm

the ones on the marshmallow
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Yeah, those are Coy's C5's. Smile Not all that expensive, actually. Mine are 18x9.5 all around with 5.5" BS and 275/40's.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 pm

IAN just left and he told me that I can get more than 2 grand for that wagon up north............ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

LOL Just kidding....
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 pm

To be PERFECTLY CLEAR on my previous statement, Ian was here and a discussion about the Chevy came up. Something to the effect that it would really SUCK if Pat backed out of the deal, and I was wondering if I would be able to recover my costs. Ian said it would NOT be a problem to sell the rust free Caprice up north for more than 2 grand.

That's all there was to it. I said something to mess with Pat. I am not going to sell it from under him..... that would be cruel and wrong.

Now, for the trip south to drop off the wagon... Put the new shocks on it this morning and left for Jacksonville around noon. This thing was so smooth and quiet, it rides better than my wagon. Got onto 95 south and set the cruise at 75MPH and settled in for the long haul with my son running chase vehicle in the G8. Now, I'm not sure, but I think this car gets 40MPG because I drove 200 miles and the gauge still reads 3/4! that comes out to 800 miles on 20 gallons of gas! cheers

Seriously, all was going perfectly uneventful until I turned off of 95 and onto 295....10 miles from my destination.... when my son shoots up next to me honks the horn and is waving his hands wildly. I pull over to find out that the upper radiator hose has liberated itself from the radiator itself and has spewed all of the radiators contents out of the left wheel well onto the drivers side of the car. Pulled over and with the help of Google maps, dispatched my son to the nearest gas station for a gallon of coolant. While waiting on the cavalry, I checked the other hoses and found that both heater hoses "crunched" when squeezed. Probably not a good thing....When my son returned, I dumped a gallon of coolant into the surge tank and limped to the station where I proceeded to feed 2 more gallons of water into the old girl. Finally got her to her location where she will wait patiently until Pat can insert his key into her slot and get her motor running. Pat has the latest pics...
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
... I think this car gets 40MPG because I drove 200 miles and the gauge still reads 3/4!...
Wow! Sounds like you mistakenly got the car that the oil companies have been trying to suppress!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 am

Wow glad it didn't get damaged. And glad it got there without any other major issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:45 am

I have taken delivery.

All I can say is.. I want an LT1 now.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 am

Ray, please leave the "headliner repair kit" in the cup holder for Pat....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:13 am

I had to borrow some of it to attach the parking decal.

I laughed out loud.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 am

Just make sure you relabel it...
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 am

WHAT?!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm

You'll see when you pick it up. Cool
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 pm

WHERE ARE THE PICS?!!?!? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:09 pm

I am not allowed.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Remember...you are an American...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Pat might flog me. He's a Canadian.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Good point....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Pat still hasn't made it home with the car, but hopefully the 1 of none Poncho will be back on the road here shortly - one melted wheel bearing adventure and one melted credit card later.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Bewber wrote:
Pat still hasn't made it home with the car, but hopefully the 1 of none Poncho will be back on the road here shortly - one melted wheel bearing adventure and one melted credit card later.

What bearing went. Did I miss a post? Where is he?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation "Test Bed" started today
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next