GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Operation "Test Bed" started today

Go down 
+20
brokecello
sherlock9c1
convert2diesel
lakeffect
rh96ss
jimbeau
81X11
a1awind
s1l1sc
Olds Weighty Eight
1993 Roady-man
DBeaSSt
Lynol
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
buickestate
phantom 309
Bewber
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Yikes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Front wheel bearing. By the time he pulled over, the hub nut was somewhat 'welded' to the spindle from heat.
The car had been sitting for years, I am told.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Pat called me and told me it was the passenger front wheel bearing. It had been squealing since Cinci and he stopped for the night just north of Dayton. Next morning the bearing let go. The previous owner had said that it ran 3 short (city) errands within the past year. It gets worse... I had bought 2 new wiper blades (valucrap) and even before he left the infield, the passenger one broke. FIRST use, and the clip broke. The drivers side broke later that day. a couple of zip ties later and they were good to go.

Didn't he get the Hub from John?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Yikes! Sounds like zero fun. Keep us in the loop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 pm

I have an ABS sensor coming for Pat later this afternoon....within the hour. Got him hooked up with a new spindle. He should be good to go soon.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 pm

is he still just north of Dayton, or has he inched north some since Monday?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Sorry to hear he is having troubles, that just sucks.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:51 pm

He's been in Flint since Monday night, and if you want to find him, all you have to do is follow the trail of flakes made out of DGGM front bumper paint. Razz

I got out of work Monday morning, loaded up the truck and hooked up the dolly - then headed south as soon as I could. I picked up Jimbeau on the way and we hammered down to about 20 miles south of Dayton. It was about 4.5 hours to get there.

We swapped front wheels, got it strapped to the dolly, pulled the driveshaft - and after a quick burger we headed North. We got back to my place with just enough time left for me to take a shower and go back to work. LAWNG friggin day.

Tuesday morning we tore into the project and learned that he needed a spindle, which came this morning - but the ABS sensor couldn't be had until this afternoon.

We JUST got back from going to Pete's dealership for the ABS sensor, then a pitstop at his house to check out his Ford, and now Pat is buttoning things up as I type this.

What a bummer of a trip.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:54 pm

You're a good friend to go rescue him like that, man! Now take a nap! Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 pm

About that front bumper, I tried (tested) a different primer. Looks like I need to stay with the expensive stuff.....

Bummer of a trip..... Bogus. Heinous. Most non-triumphant.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Robert,

I don't care why or how it failed. My job - as your friend - is nothing more than to razz you BECAUSE it failed, just as I would expect the same in return.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:50 pm

hey at least pat made it to wagonfest (more than i can say for myself) and most of the way home. to me that isn't a bummer of a trip. thats not to bad....besides...if you have friends along the way ...you're never alone!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 pm

John, I still feel bad about it. Good news is he got what he paid for Razz

Seriously, I still feel bad that the paint didn't stick. No control on the wheels though......

You would feel the same id someone bought a car from you and had these "issues" on the way home, wouldn't you? You would, right? Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 pm

In the meantime....I finished the Ford trunk floor right after the Wonder Twins left. Pat should be on his way right now.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Did anyone get pics of his interior?? I still want to see that....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm psuedo bewber tonight

I'm still stuck in flint tonight. seems US customs in Detroit close early on wednesdays so I can't get clearance to export the wagon til the morning....
new spindle
new abs wheel sensor
new rotors both wheels
new pads both wheels
new bearings both wheels
new rad hoses

I'm still sick and feeling like crap.....

Pat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:59 pm

If ya need anything that I can help with, lemme know. I could tell you were not feelin 100%.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Get well soon Pat...I'm sorry it was a rough trip back...but you are close!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Christ, that SUCKS! You were expecting to be home Sunday night......

Did Sue travel on, or is she still there with you?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:03 am

We saw that Sue got home by Monday night so that she could be to work on Tuesday morning.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 am

Wow sorry to hear of all the misfortune buddy, hope things change for you soon and you get better even sooner.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 am

Glad to hear that it was only small misfortune, I had guessed the tranny might have gone out as I figured you could fix/rig just about anything else even with the small set of tools.

major props to Bewb and jimbeau for the rescue squad!

Hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 am

Sprocket wrote:

major props to Bewb and jimbeau for the rescue squad!

yes really, kudo,s to the longroof rescue rangers,.

nice to see friends helping friends,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Man I love this forum.

I just want to express my admiration to all of you on here that have gone the extra mile to help a fellow car enthusiast out, whether it be here on the forum or in person. This is a prime example of what makes man so awesome that we can have compassion for each other and are willing to help one another out. I hope that didn't sound to preachy.

I really enjoyed reading this thread and I'm glad that everything is working out in the end.

Stay cool ya'll
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 pm

It wasn't that big of a deal guys, but thanks.

Last I saw Pat, he left here bright and early this morning - grinning ear to ear and headed for his free rectal exam at the US customs and border patrol office. I just hope for his sake that nobody made eye contact, because that's when it gets awkward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Yeah, I know for a fact that no matter how much we joke around here, I could trust any one of these guys to help out in a pinch. In fact, it's happened to me.

Pat should be arriving home today (customs permitting).
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Bewber wrote:
It wasn't that big of a deal guys, but thanks.

Last I saw Pat, he left here bright and early this morning - grinning ear to ear and headed for his free rectal exam at the US customs and border patrol office. I just hope for his sake that nobody made eye contact, because that's when it gets awkward.

Sir these papers say this is a Chevrolet Caprice, but I can clearly see this is a Pontiac. Please come with me.......... affraid

Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Fletch

Last edited by 81X11 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Pat's coming home? I'd better high-tail it out of Nina's place.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:14 pm

well made it home today, and it was nice to drive a wagon with enough power to play with traffic......

customs wasn't much of an issue today. hardest part was trying to get them to understand that stingroo's old front fender was rusty in the eyes of a floridian and thus has no value in florida and that I just saved it from being tossed over a fence

well it is nice to be home finally

thanks again to bewbz, jimbeau, Pete, and FMA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Really? What did they say about the fender?
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 am

buickestate wrote:
blah blah blah
thanks again to bewbz, jimbeau, Pete, and FMA
FMA? WTH?
Was she as good to YOU as Nina was to ME?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 am

Bewber wrote:

Last I saw Pat, he was headed for his free rectal exam at the US border patrol office and grinning ear to ear.

Another sign that Obama care just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:29 am

Good so hear you finally made it home.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 am

Glad you made it home....and still waiting for updated interior pics on the new wagon!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Ray they think you're nuts, that's not a rusty fender.....

Jimbeau I would assume that FMA was way nicer to me than Nina could be with you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:57 pm

It's not that it's rusty, it was just that I couldn't pull the dent out of it myself, I don't think. Not with the time constraints. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Test Bed" started today   Operation "Test Bed" started today - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation "Test Bed" started today
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5