GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opinions on these Rims

Go down 
+7
Sprocket
buickestate
81X11
Lynol
92cappy
Bewber
benn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
benn

benn

Opinions on these Rims Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:06 pm

just looking for opinions on these rims. i think the seller stated that they came off an SS 454 truck. they are 5x5 bolt pattern. whataya guys think?? i couldnt find any pics of wagons with these rims.

Opinions on these Rims Rims11
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:30 pm

My opinion of them would depend on the price and condition of them. They might be awsome, or they might suck.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

^ What he said.

They'd look cool with some spinner center caps with Buick emblems. Jazz it up a little bit to look like less of a truck wheel. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 pm

benn,how much and what do you think.If the price is good for you and the wheels cleanup
nice then buy them.Have seen a few wagons with them and they looked great with white
letter tires.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 am

I think they would look pretty cool. Very similar to the Astro chrome wheels. I almost bought a set of those on Craigslist....not sure why I didn't.

Not the exact same wheels, but here is a pic of the Astro wheels on a wagon:
Opinions on these Rims IMG_0975-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:17 am

nah. lol

but they do look good off the car.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:25 am

I don't know about them on a woodgrain car... Here's some on Quentin's Caprice at WF'10. Without the wood the wheels make for a nice look IMO.
Opinions on these Rims P1000160
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:27 am

I love those wheels, and think they look great on our wagons. I always wanted a set for our 96 Suburban but could never find any. If the chrome is still good you should nab them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm

looks better on the red one!. maybe the color brings them out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Think you are right Carl or its that beautiful water!Of course the buffed and waxed paint helps a
lot too!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 pm

still a factory truck rim, a plain looking truck rim..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:20 pm

300 bucks for the set or best offer. being in college i dont exactly have a lot cash to go towards upgrades for the wagon and IMO almost anything is better then the beat up stock alloys on it now.

thanks lynol for the pic! they look pretty sweet on that caprice. the chrome astro wheels look awesome aswell. i was never really sold on the stock alloy astro wheels but the chrome ones in the pic above are beefy looking which is sorta what i want.

i'll let you guys know what happens!
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm sure you could talk him down. I got the 9C1s with tires (although two of the tires were in poor shape) for 100. See how low he'll go. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Whoa Benn,that seems high to me.Hell ,I bought a set of nice SS rims with 3 good tires for 200.
Dont buy them just because you MUST have a set of wheels and these rims fit your wagon.I
can guarantee something better will show up as soon as these wheels are in your possession.
Wont hurt to wait a while longer will it?
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Jim, I disagree. You got a STEAL on those ss rims, and the price on these is obo. I'm sure Benn can talk the seller down to a much more reasonable price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Personally, I would wait about a month or so.

It's tax time. Surf the Impala forum. Lots of cheap sets of wheels pop up around this time as people get money and want to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 pm

really?? Shocked i thought that was a decent price. i havnt come across many decent 5x5 rims for sale. the ad was relisted but they've been for sale for a while. i was thinking an offer around $200 for the set tops. theres another set of SS rims near me, guys says there "new" and is askin $600

tax time. forgot about that! good idea to wait then. My return will probably go towards rims...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Even if he gets the rims for 200,he will have to pay for mounting and balancing which will run
another 100 or so.Thats if his tires are good so it seems like he could do much better if he
just waits and watches the CL ads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 pm

See there? Smile

Give it a month or so and watch as they start to pop up. Don't be scared of a good deal if shipping is a problem, the "wagon train" shipping network is quite effective :p
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm

looks like my waiting may have paid off. i found a nicer set of these rims for half the price -$150. i'll post pics when they're on the wagon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Told you. Smile People get antsy to do car mods and stuff this time of year. Winter's over, tax money is here, wagons get love.

Can't wait to see pics.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 pm

then how come I can't find a set?????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:04 am

You already scored with Chris's wagon. This is the Craigslist God's way of telling you to not be greedy.

lol
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 pm

SOB sold em out from under me Mad
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Get these instead Smile

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/2946099205.html

Too bad you're so far
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Those pro comps look sick.
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm

ya those are flipping sweet. im gonna stick with 15s though as i JUST bought new tires Sad heres a white woody with rims similar to those pro comps... looks awesome!

Opinions on these Rims 39085510
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:34 pm

what are people's thoughts on the astro chrome wheels shown on the first page? found a decent looking set of em for cheap w/ caps. i personally think they look pretty sweet! alot better then my stock alloys anyways. again if this works out, i'll post pics when there on the wagon!
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Well, I suppose you already know my opinion Laughing
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:39 pm

These have got to be the coolest Astro wheels i've ever seen! Laughing

Opinions on these Rims Img02110

just had 'em put on tonight! i'll take some more pics soon!
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Those look killer! Polish the trim to set them off!

Can't wait to see it on the ground
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:09 am

benn wrote:

just had 'em put on tonight! i'll take some more pics soon!

Shiny cragars, can't beat'em,. nice rim. whitewalls on a wagon for the win tho,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am

I never personally cared for them, but the Cragar rims were the strongest, most trustworthy aftermarket rim on the market in the 60's.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm

I never liked that cragar style rim.... JMHO to each his own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on these Rims   Opinions on these Rims Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on these Rims
Page 1 of 1