GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windshield leak???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
4501 Safari

Windshield leak??? Empty
PostSubject: Windshield leak???   Windshield leak??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 am

I had the windshield replaced on the Roadmaster wagon about two years ago.

Without completely taking out the dash pad and A pillars once again, I seem to have a leak that is coming into the driver's floor area and suspect the windshield seal. We've finally had so much rain here in Florida a welded steel box would leak.

It is not from the AC. I've been through that trauma already.

Anyone have suggestions where to begin looking for a leak? I guess I could remove the wipers and cowl panel first to take a look and flood the area. Seems to make no difference if the car is just sitting in the rain or moving.

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions from the wagon crew.

Thank you,

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Windshield leak??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield leak???   Windshield leak??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Richard,

I've had these wagons continuously since 1997. I have had every leak imaginable and get them figured out by myself or with help.

Recently, I had one I couldn't figure out. It was on the driver side, it would get wet everytime it rained. I finally thought it was the windshield leaking. Brought it to a glass place. I told him the story. He said it wasn't the windshield. He opened the drivers door and looked at the gasket. He spread the gasket apart, and you could see where it was plugged up with pine needles and tree stuff. He told me to clean that channel out and that would take care of the problem. It did, try that.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

Windshield leak??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield leak???   Windshield leak??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 pm

It works because I have to clean both of my wagons in that area a few times a year.The door
trim on the OCC gets clogged up much worse than the 95 RMW does due to a slightly different
gasket design.
Back to top Go down
4501 Safari

Windshield leak??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield leak???   Windshield leak??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Great idea and thanks for the information. I know the sun will again shine and I will check. Thought I was monitoring all places on the car but this is worth a look.

Thank you very much,

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Windshield leak??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield leak???   Windshield leak??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 pm

I am getting damp floors on bot sides. I am going to try that too. I can not figure out where else it could be coming from. I was about to cauk every seam on the front of the car. It gets wet just sitting still in the rain. I have sealed everything tighter than a drum other than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windshield leak??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshield leak???   Windshield leak??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windshield leak???
Page 1 of 1