GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Touch up paint

Go down 
+5
200OZ
Krzdimond
phantom 309
jayoldschool
DBeaSSt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:30 pm

I checked my dealer while ordering a part for the Cruiser. Turns out you can still get Medium Adriatic Blue touch up paint from the dealer. I figured, why not, and ordered one. Used it today on Roadmonster, and it's a near perfect match. I was impressed!

From the bottle:
1 #12346021 Code 30 WA 9907
Medium Adriatic Blue Metallic

I did ask, the Maple Red Metallic (TBI cars) is no longer available.

I also found while Chris was helping me get the Blue Cruiser ready for WF09 that Imperial Blue Metallic is a reasonably close match to the Black Sapphire Metallic paint on TBI cars. It's certainly not perfect, a bit lighter than the wagon's blue. But for a daily driver car, sure was close enough. Imperial Blue Met. is a color in use on current GM cars, the Malibu, Camaro, and other models.

From the bottle:
1 #88860737 Code 37 WA 403P
Imperial Blue Metallic
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Good info. Is that the same MAB on the Caprice? Do they have a spray as well as the bottle?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:03 pm

He asked if I wanted spray or bottle so I presume spray is available. Not certain though.

And yes, it's the same MAB as on the Caprice. It was also on the Fleetwood but they may have used a different name, same code though.

I would presume that if this color is available, most of the colors on the LT1 models are still there too.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:37 pm

How much money tho mike?? i enquired once and i was amazed at how much,..
a spray bomb is even crazier,.(here in canada, YRMV)

Nick
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 am

If I recall, they were around $15-20 each. Not cheap, true. But sure beats going to a body shop. Wink
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:33 am

Nick, Canadian Tire lists MAB for GM in their touch up line. I'll try it and see what it looks like. If they have both spray and brush (and they did last time I checked), I'll buy both.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:01 pm

I went to NAPA and ordered some MAB, watched the lady mix it in front of me. $14 a pint and $5 for a disposable sprayer (CO2 sprayer with a glass bottle attached)
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 pm

Sounds crazy, but finger nail polish works very well, and seals better than touch up paint. There are hundreds of shades of red metallics. You can find just about any color you can think of. Might have to buy a couple 2,3 bottles to get the right shade, but well worth it. Plus it can be removed easily with nail polish remover.
Back to top Go down
shenny

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:51 pm

NAPA can mix most any color you want, mine is purple pearl metallic, and put it in a 14 ounce spray can. You have to buy a minimum of 4 cans. But most are avail

Shenny
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:09 pm

since this is back up, Duplicolor's spraybomb for the MAB is DS GM302 but has since been discontinued(at least around here) For spray paint, it was a reasonable match but has since vanished from the shelves...
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:30 pm

200OZ wrote:
Sounds crazy, but finger nail polish works very well, and seals better than touch up paint. There are hundreds of shades of red metallics. You can find just about any color you can think of. Might have to buy a couple 2,3 bottles to get the right shade, but well worth it. Plus it can be removed easily with nail polish remover.

Ugh, not when its been on the car for 3 years. The previous owner of my car (female, as it were) used nail polish as touch up paint, problem was is that it didnt match, and now its so baked on there the only way I can fix it is to wetsand it off and respray the trunk Mad
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Ugh, not when its been on the car for 3 years. The previous owner of my car (female, as it were) used nail polish as touch up paint, problem was is that it didnt match, and now its so baked on there the only way I can fix it is to wetsand it off and respray the trunk Mad [/quote]

Nail polish has never lasted that long on my car, I've had to reaply it after about 8 mo.... Unless the car is never driven, and stays in the garage. Did you try pure acetone yet.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:37 pm

No, As I was concerned about messing the rest of the paint.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Finger nail polish remover (you did try this right?) is mostly acetone, go to a hardware store get some acetone and give it a try. Don't let it sit on the paint, and use just a little, it should come off if it is nail polish.

Mike
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:04 pm

I can tell you that Driftwood Metallic touch-up paint from AutoZone did NOT match my '94 LDM wagon. However it did match my wife's '99 Town & Country pretty good. Go figure.

BTW, the paint "pen" i bought literally has a spring-loaded ball point pen on the end of it. It makes filling scratches and rock chips super easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touch up paint   Touch up paint Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touch up paint
Page 1 of 1