GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LDM touch up paint questions

Go down 
+2
benn
harrisons13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
harrisons13

harrisons13

LDM touch up paint questions Empty
PostSubject: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 7:39 pm

I am thinking of touching up a few spots on my '93 Light driftwood metallic wagon, and I was curious if using this particular dupli color paint would do the trick.

Light Driftwood Metallic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 7:43 pm

probably.

does it match your paint code?
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 8:00 pm

How, and where could I find my paint code?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Works for Paint code: 33 WA5322

so, yes, it will match.

The paint code is on the inside of the tailgate (right side on the "D" pillar) Look for the "CC" code on the very bottom of the label. SHOULD be 5322.
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 8:33 pm

Very Happy Thanks!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:10 pm

I know LDM is a 94 to 96 color. Not sure if it is a 93 color, it's probably close but not sure if it's the exact color. I would guess it is not.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:40 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
I know LDM is a 94 to 96 color.  Not sure if it is a 93 color, it's probably close but not sure if it's the exact color.  I would guess it is not.

Tom

Nope, 92-96 color.

LDM touch up paint questions Screen12
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:47 pm

There's the answer! I wasn't sure, but I knew the interior colors are different.

Tom
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:06 am

With automotive paint you won't really know until you open the container and compare it to the paint on the car.
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:41 am

You won't really know until you have sprayed and dryed a test panel and turn against the area you want to repair to see if the metallic matches in one of these positions in its laydown pattern. If you are repairing a vertical area you need to hold test panel to that vertical panel. If repairing an horizontal area then hold the test panel to the horizontal area, you can match one and NOT the other. If not spraying, such as using a touchup brush for a scratch, then you will just need to brush a touch up panel edge to see if it matches well enough to suit you. Clearcoat can also darken a color slightly depending on what clear you use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LDM touch up paint questions   LDM touch up paint questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LDM touch up paint questions
Page 1 of 1