GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lets see your winter storage

Go down 
+7
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
waynes91
phantom 309
lakeffect
sherlock9c1
buickestate
11 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

Lets see your winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:37 pm

just a thought.....
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Well, right now the Caprice is parked in one side of my garage all snugly. The wagon is currently parked next to the side of the house because it's too stinking cold to finish the turn signal switch. It is ZERO F outside right now. I took the battery out and stuck it inside so it wouldn't freeze (the car hasn't been started in probably two weeks now). It's not supposed to get above freezing until Wednesday.

Al Gore is probably hiding somewhere.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 am

Joel, welcome to the scenic winter wonderland known as upstate New York.

By the way was that "F" as in Fahrenheit, or as in ZERO F***ing DEGREES?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Well, right now the Caprice is parked in one side of my garage all snugly. The wagon is currently parked next to the side of the house because it's too stinking cold to finish the turn signal switch. It is ZERO F outside right now. I took the battery out and stuck it inside so it wouldn't freeze (the car hasn't been started in probably two weeks now). It's not supposed to get above freezing until Wednesday.

Al Gore is probably hiding somewhere.
joel battery won't freeze if its got life,. goes flat,. you're pooched,. run a trickle charger on it for a day every couple of weeks, it'll be fine,.
the kenworth has 3 yr old batteries in it,. they do fine out side all winter where we are,. and the wind is especially bitter around here,.and it doesn't get run till april sometime,.since dec,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Lets see your winter storage MVC-938F
Home for the lincoln,.its a temp shelter with plywood inner walls,. and plywood ends bolted on for the winter with a small access door,.

Lets see your winter storage MVC-939F
two wagons in here,.

dually sits outside,. bloody thing is too long to fit in the 10X20 shelter where the lincoln is,.
dually is 22.5 ft,. next year i'll do something for it,.
my plans are sitting in the rollup dresser for the 30X80 shop,.hopefully one day we'll get back into the swing of things and start making money again,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 pm

like the box trailer i asked ... wife no f'n way
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 pm

waynes91 wrote:
like the box trailer i asked ... wife no f'n way
Priorities dude,. trailer for the cars,. or old wife,. or new wife,.
your decision,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 pm

You don't want to see mine. My Impala is in the garage, front up on stands, hood open, and boxes and crap stacked all on top of the car. Wagon is sitting outside coated in salt. Sad
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:31 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
You don't want to see mine. My Impala is in the garage, front up on stands, hood open, and boxes and crap stacked all on top of the car. Wagon is sitting outside coated in salt. Sad

I thought Big Ugly was the wintah beatah...
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:15 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
joel battery won't freeze if its got life,. goes flat,. you're pooched,. run a trickle charger on it for a day every couple of weeks, it'll be fine
Good to know. The dome lights had been on for awhile while I was messing with the steering column so I was worried it would run down. B-body batteries come out in 5 minutes if you have the right tools so it was a quick thing for me to do.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:07 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

I thought Big Ugly was the wintah beatah...

It is, once I don't have to cart Bella around. She starts Daycare Thursday and Momma is bringing her!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Both '95s are tucked away in an 18 by 19 garage. Bunch of stuff looming overhead just waiting to fall:

Lets see your winter storage Garage%20Mowers

Actually that stuff is all secured very, very well. Just gotta hope the DCM starts up or I'm gonna need to push it outa there. Hood won't open where it sits...
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Wow, you have much more confidence in your hanging skills than I have in mine! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:53 am

This storage is only temp though...until the ice and snow melts. Lol

Lets see your winter storage IMG_9161
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 pm

brokecello wrote:

you've been dyeing to post in this thread haven't you!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 pm

brokecello wrote:

last day I was in SC it was 103 outside.....wtf?

My winter storage is under my palm trees rendeer
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Sprocket wrote:

may one or more of them tasty Coconuts leave an impression on any one of your wagons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 pm

Not gonna lie, I store mine where Sprocket stores his. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:19 pm

buickestate wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

may one or more of them tasty Coconuts leave an impression on any one of your wagons
50 people a year are killed by falling coconuts. seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Really? That's actually a rather shocking statistic, assuming that's true.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Lets see your winter storage 4393466422_692747c69b_b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets see your winter storage   Lets see your winter storage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets see your winter storage
Page 1 of 1