GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist? Empty
PostSubject: Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist?   Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:55 am

Howdy all-

Was looking around on ebay and came across this listing for a luggage rack tie down hook. What was so interesting from the attached exploded diagram, was the net that is shown. It would make sense that GM may have offered one that would be the stretch type and that would have utilized the 4 hooks that are mounted on our side rails. Has anyone ever seen one of these in person or own one? would love to see a pic and get one if possible. It is #7 in diagram.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-OEM-17921523-Luggage-Carrier-Tie-Down-Hook-/330927844907?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARoadmaster&hash=item4d0cd62e2b&vxp=mtr

Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist? 029EA01F-2629-4CE5-A9CE-6B388DB94D82-827-0000025DB9C4867D
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist?   Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:11 am

I have the original netting and use it often, but inside the car. The hooks (illustration 6) are inside the car in the back. Great for keeping groceries from sliding around. It can be used vertically or horizontally.
I have not tried to use it on the top.

Dick
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist?   Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:18 pm

COL wrote:
I have the original netting and use it often, but inside the car. The hooks (illustration 6) are inside the car in the back. Great for keeping groceries from sliding around. It can be used vertically or horizontally.
I have not tried to use it on the top.

Dick
I don't know if that's the same net, Dick. I too have one, but it doesn't seem like it would be big enough to fit on the roof. This diagram looks like a Caprice roof rack setup, so I would imagine it would need a really big net. A roof cargo net for these cars would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist?   Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Luggage Rack Net actually exist?
Page 1 of 1