GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aftermarket Seat Heaters?

Go down 
+2
toomanytoyz
Wagon Collector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket Seat Heaters?   Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Okay... so I picked up some minty blue leather seats for my '94 MAB Caprice. I've had them sitting in the basement for over a year now. These are for the wife's car, and she's having some concerns about non-heated leather seats in the winter. Fair enough.

I figure I can install these if I provide some heat. I could just go with limited seats, but these non-limited ones are in perfect condition and I want to use them.

Has anybody used the aftermarket heaters that go between the foam and the seat cover? There are a few companies out there. The kits usually have a hi/lo/off button and a pad that heats. Hook it up to 12 volts, and you have heated seats!

Anyway, just wondering if anybody has tried these, what brand was used, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Seat Heaters?   Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 pm

There's a kit I've really been wanting to try on eBay. They are like a buck per seat. Haven't searched in a while though. But they claim "Best on eBay" and look like OEM illuminated switches...
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Seat Heaters?   Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm

A dollar per seat? That's a bargain! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Seat Heaters?   Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 pm

#1. My wife's minivan has factory heated seats. After 11 years and 180zillion miles, the driver's side one is flaky. For all the work that it is to disassemble and reassemble seats, I would strongly recommend you spend real money on a GOOD set of seat heaters.

#2. Also, use zipties instead of hog rings to put the seats back together.

#3. On my recent roadtrip, my lower/mid back was actually getting cold. Can you buy ones that heat the center of your back too?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Seat Heaters?   Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm

I find that you don't need heated leather in the winter. I much prefer it to cloth. The leather heats up and holds your body heat very well. One of the first things I did after picking up my Caprice wagon was to get a set of RMW leather seats for it. (thanks Joel and Tom!)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Seat Heaters?   Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:15 pm

http://www.seatheaters.ca/

they seem to be pretty good,.. its what i would buy if i wanted butt warmers,.
funny thing is the lincoln has butt warmers but we aren't driving it in the winter,..doh!!

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Seat Heaters?   Aftermarket Seat Heaters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket Seat Heaters?
Page 1 of 1