GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Common rust areas?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

Common rust areas? Empty
PostSubject: Common rust areas?   Common rust areas? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm getting closer to checking out a couple 94 and 95 RMWs, and I did a search but didn't see a good post on common rust areas on these beasts.

In other ads I have seen rust around the rear door, and in the rear quarters and of course the always popular spare tire well.

What other areas should I look for during an inspection?

Thanks again,
Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Common rust areas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common rust areas?   Common rust areas? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:41 pm

D pillars and floors should be checked also.. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Common rust areas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common rust areas?   Common rust areas? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 pm

rear wheel wells under the middle seat. takes 3 minutes to remove the seats, WAY more to fix.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Common rust areas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common rust areas?   Common rust areas? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Check the bottom of the B pillar, and watch for water around the vista and cargo bay windows. There is a possibility of the channel under the edge of the roof rack leaking if the caulking is degraded. The water will run to the back of the headliner and out of the cargo bay grab handles. The area under the vista window and along the back of the raised vista window support has been known to rust. Remove the vista window interior trim, and check for rust (flashlight is necessary).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Common rust areas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common rust areas?   Common rust areas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common rust areas?
Page 1 of 1