GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clogged coolant vent tube

Go down 
AuthorMessage
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Clogged coolant vent tube Empty
PostSubject: Clogged coolant vent tube   Clogged coolant vent tube Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:35 pm

When I purchased my wagon the water pump was leaking and the po said he had tried stop leak twice on it and it didn't work. So I replaced the waterpump and hoses and cleaned out the tank as the tank was full of black muddy substance. Fast forward two years to today I was doing the throttle body bypass, after taking the l shape hose off that connects to this pipe on the left of the throttle body I noticed the l hose clogged up so I cleaned it out and looked at the end of the pipe which looked caked up also.

So I fought the bolts for a hour to get the pipe off (real pita), found that the drivers bolt was clogged up totally and the pass bolt only had one side hole unclogged. I got the bolts cleaned out but now I need new washers. Part number anyone?

The pipe is totally clogged up in the crooked section from the throttle body.
The section that spans head to head is not clogged.

I have a buddy bringing me a small pipe snake in the morning but if that dosnt work is there somewhere I can buy a new one do I call it a vent tube when calling around?

Always seemed odd to me that when I put the new pump on and filled the res up with the orange coolant it never seems to move or get dirty.
Thanks
Mike
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Clogged coolant vent tube   Clogged coolant vent tube Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:43 am

Well after searching around the net summit has this pipe for $131.00 well hopefully I. An get mine unclogged

Found out from another forum that the washers I can use oil drain plug washers
Hope to get this fixed tomorrow morning before I hit up my local pullapart when I drop my mother off at her dr appointment at 12
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Clogged coolant vent tube   Clogged coolant vent tube Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Dropped my mother off at the doctors which was only 1/2 mile from my local pull a part, according to the inventory they had no rm or occ but 1 1994 caprice sedan. Most of the time the lt1s are already pulled out. Got to the car and it had the engine in it bunch of stuff pulled off of it but it had the crossover vent tube on it looked like brand new pulled it and grabbed an old buick emblem off a 70s lesaber it's a flat hood ornament I will fit on good great day at the yard

Oh the pipe cost my $6 n change as a transmission line Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clogged coolant vent tube   Clogged coolant vent tube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clogged coolant vent tube
Page 1 of 1