GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clogged Cats?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Clogged Cats? Empty
PostSubject: Clogged Cats?   Clogged Cats? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 am

Okay, so I'm working on my abused and neglected '94 DGGM. Just put new brakes on all four corners and installed 3.73 gears and Eaton posi. It'll get a T56 later this fall. Good stuff so far.

However, the car is very sluggish. It's firing on all 8, doesn't appear to be mis-firing, and always gets great gas mileage (20 combined with the 2.56 rear, TBD with the 3.73). In fact, maybe that mileage is suspicious? Maybe not enough fuel?

Anyway, the engine just doesn't build revs. It could be the trans - it is in bad shape. In fact, it acts a bit like the converter isn't flashing as it should... which would cause some sluggishness I'm sure.

Having said all that, for some reason I'm thinking I should check the cats. Not sure why, maybe I read it somewhere. Is there an easy way to do this? I have test pipes, but they are on the other car. I'd like to find another set if possible, but for now I'm hoping there's an easy way to check the ones on the car.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Clogged Cats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clogged Cats?   Clogged Cats? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:14 am

If they are really badly clogged...you can see them glowing @ night. But that is if it is real bad. I know some muffler shops offer free Cat testing. At least they did in KY.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

Clogged Cats?
Page 1 of 1