GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Entry/Exit Differences

Go down 
+3
rh96ss
Wagoninabox
Andebe
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Entry/Exit Differences Empty
PostSubject: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:43 am

Got the Fleetwood bug and wanted to know the differences in getting in and out of one compared to our wagons.Pop is 84,arthritic and morbidly obese.He has difficulty getting in and out of the odyssey sometimes and I am worried about the caddy being even worse.The OCC doesn't have any overhead handles but he gets in the front without problems and I am going to see how hard rear seat entry and exit is later today.I cant recall him ever riding in the back seat.I am hoping with the overhead handles and the extra 5 inches of rear seat room that there wont be any problems.Want to play chauffer and let dad ride in the backseat and enjoy himself.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:49 am

By "Fleetwood bug" do you mean wanted a reason to shop for? Sounds like fun,I hope it ends up being a win/win type scenario.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks Andy,found one that's too nice to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:34 pm

The Fleetwood has much nicer back legroom and seating then the Roadmasters IMHO. The doors open wider too. The other option you may like is the Late model Town Cars. They are roomy but they also offered an"L" version that had an additional 6" length to the back seat area.
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:59 pm

you can always add the overhead grab handles to a wagon, I did.......
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 pm

I see there being no problem with the back seat of a Fleetwood, the back seat of a wagon would be a nightmare, but the middle would be okay, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:58 pm

stewzer55 wrote:
. . . the back seat of a wagon would be a nightmare, but the middle would be okay, I think.
lol! [I see what you did there!]

Last edited by 802 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 3:08 pm

I find the second row in the wagons to be lacking legroom as a 6'2" person and the doors are smaller than a sedan. the FW on the other hand has noticeably larger rear doors and more legroom.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 6:41 pm

stewzer55 wrote:
I see there being no problem with the back seat of a Fleetwood, the back seat of a wagon would be a nightmare, but the middle would be okay, I think.

Stew,go to your room and stay there until further notice!LMAO Have a mental picture of my 84 year old 290 lb
father sitting in the third row seat going down the road!You Stew are a sick sick puppy!

Thanks Everybody!
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 pm

If it wasn't me, someone else would have said it; this is a Station Wagon forum after all. We're all sick puppies in our own little ways.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:01 am

No pictures or details of the new ride?
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:36 am

My mom is 88 and my dad is 90, and while neither of them is overweight, they have some mobility issues most folks that age have. That being said, they both fit much easier in the rear of my Fleetwood than the Roady wagon, because the rear doors are so much bigger. Plus, having both a Fleetwood and a Roady wagon is cool!
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:15 pm

The Fleetwoods are great, I know my grandparents loved the three that they had, a 93 in LDM, 95 Brougham in triple black and a 96 in Jadestone. Grandma loved her big Cadillacs, preferred them to Grandpa's Grand Marquis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks everybody for your help.More to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry/Exit Differences   Entry/Exit Differences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entry/Exit Differences
Page 1 of 1