GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Light Chime Remote Start

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jxdrl

Light Chime Remote Start Empty
PostSubject: Light Chime Remote Start   Light Chime Remote Start Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I just installed a Remote Start/Keyless entry unit. It's a cheaper one - Crimestopper RS7-G5. Everything works great except I have one weird problem - my idiot chime for the door goes off when the unit triggers the parking lights.

This unit has a "built in relay" for the parking lights so I used the constant hot at the switch and fed that through the module and back to the switch for the parking lights. Superfluous info - it has a 10a fuse built into the source wire - draw is ~ 4.7a iirc if anyone is wondering - handy Fluke meter with amp clamp.

I also bypassed/fooled my vats system via resistors at the connector from the igntion switch under the dash.

Two weird things are happening. The buzzer doesn't happen if the dimmer switch is all the way down or if I wiggle it - probably old. The other thing is that I am not tied into the dome light or door pin with this system so I'm not sure what could trigger it.

According to the wiring diagram for interior illumination http://www.goldsswagon.com/diagrams/impala_intrument_illumination.pdf, the grey wire from the dimming switch goes to the idiot/convenience center. The non-chiming makes sense if the dimmer can take away all power on this wire but I'm not sure how my parking light circuit could be feeding it.

Any ideas?

Last edited by jxdrl on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jxdrl

PostSubject: Re: Light Chime Remote Start   Light Chime Remote Start Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down
jxdrl

PostSubject: Re: Light Chime Remote Start   Light Chime Remote Start Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Follow up - The idiot chime for the key in ignition works as it should and shuts off when I push the door switch in - there are beige and white wires going to this switch.

It does not stop the chime for the parking lights - triggered by module or with the regular switch.

Is it a simple switch? Connect the two wires (beige and white) when it is pushed or does it ground and these two wires are for the door/key, respectively?  I just found that Fred Kiehl said it may be a double pole on another site. Does anyone know what color is which? It won't be terrible to meter either way but is it making a ground? Makes sense since it is touching the body.

Could my convenience center chime module (green) be busted? I did pull that as a curiosity - maybe I messed it up? Does anyone have one or know exactly what the difference with the brown (SEO) one is?
Back to top Go down
jxdrl

PostSubject: Re: Light Chime Remote Start   Light Chime Remote Start Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Sorry, it took me awhile to respond.

This may be more useful for you.

94MI9C1 (Mike) on ImpalassForum made it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0gkvmpnxaovi01/viper%205901%20rev%20A.pdf?dl=0

It's specifically for a Viper.

Let me know if you have any specific questions on your install and I will do my best to help answer.

I did hook mine up to tach directly instead of doing voltage sense - do a search for tach wire LT1. It is Pin A13 on the PCM underneath your airbox. You can get dsub pins from RadioShack.

That took some time as I didn't have the grommets under the dash that some cars do and drilling on my back when I finally decided to go for it was a yoga workout.

Otherwise, it is quite straight forward. Look at the12volt for the wiring diagram and colors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light Chime Remote Start   Light Chime Remote Start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Chime Remote Start
Page 1 of 1