GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Empty
PostSubject: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:15 pm

I've dressed up a couple of my most recent vehicle's interiors with aftermarket laser cut flexible carbon fiber adornments.

The good quality kits weren't cheap but really dressed up the dash and door panels. I'd like to do the same treatment to my Caprice wagon. Any info of who to check with for a nice kit is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 1:37 am

Found a professional , established company that specializes in interior dress up kits for a WIDE variety of somewhat older and current vehicles.
For just $5 they sent me four small examples of real carbon fiber in colors I chose. Think I'll go with the tried & true black carbon fiber look. I'm also going to add the gauge face surround panel which is optional . Not cheap, but the best looking and fitting kits are worth the extra $. Besides, isn't your wagon worth it?

And since, based on replies no one cares, I may have one of the only wagons with this personal touch. So Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 1:51 am

Just so there is a reply:

I like woodgrain on the inside and chrome on the outside, just how I like to roll. While looking for cars I would usually check ebay for dash kits to add woodgrain onto the depressing gray plastic that so many cars have. There were several companies that listed it as well as many other finishes.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 12:30 pm

I agree with the woodgrain inside etc,..with the hydra forming decals that can be applied now,. there's lots of pieces i,ve looked at inside that would look great done in wood grain,. gives the car an upscale look,..

carbon fiber looks better in the ricer world,..imho
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 6:59 pm

I had a top of the line real carbon fiber kit in a 2007 Silverado I used to have. I think it looked fantastic and not a bit "ricer". Had a similar kit in my 2006 Ridgeline. The punks in their ricer-mobiles tend to buy after market carbon fiber body panels. The Caprice already has semi-cheesy woodgrain looking interior parts . At least my Roadmaster has some richer looking interior wood sections.

Although, maybe a brushed stainless look would jazz up the Chevy interior......hmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 9:51 pm

I would be interested in something other than carbon-fiber...Website info?
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:08 am

Steve Smith wrote:
I had a top of the line real carbon fiber kit in a 2007 Silverado I used to have. I think it looked fantastic and not a bit "ricer". Had a similar kit in my 2006 Ridgeline. The punks in their ricer-mobiles tend to buy after market carbon fiber body panels. The Caprice already has semi-cheesy woodgrain looking interior parts . At least my Roadmaster has some richer looking interior wood sections.

Although, maybe a brushed stainless look would jazz up the Chevy interior......hmmmmmm.

I don't have the 91 and 94up cheezy woodgrain, I have the 92-3 swiss cheezy burled woodgrain. Laughing  The Roadmaster just has a lot of glossy stuff on top of the fake wood so it looks more like cheap wood veneer from the furniture store!   geek

NO metal look dashes on the inside of my cars unless they're older than 1969. I did see some blue fake wood dash pieces while looking at PT Cruiser stuff but decided decent used PT's didn't exist, no one believes in changing the timing belts before trying to sell them and that is a $1500 job when you go to pick it up at a shop! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:55 am

Company is called CARiD. They are in Cranbury, NJ.

E mail info@carid.com
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:03 am

Actually, after rethinking this, think I'll order some examples of their brushed alum. and (blue-ish) Titanium Burl. A full kit , with the optional gauge surround piece is about $325 delivered.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 pm

I have considered engine turned aluminum sheet for the dash on my OCC. About 4-5 hours on a drill press would make the part. The aluminum is only about $15. I have also considered real wood for the dash as well. A good 1/8 inch cabinet plywood with a mahogany or similar wood veneer would look nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?   Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any company make real carbon fiber interior kits?
Page 1 of 1