GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transmission fluid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattb

Transmission fluid  Empty
PostSubject: Transmission fluid    Transmission fluid  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Here's another newbie question from me: how do you check the trans fluid? On the stick it say check with engine hot, idling in park. I did that and the fluid comes up about 6" on the stick. Way past the mark. Also when I put the stick back in it seems to get caught on something when it's almost seated.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Transmission fluid    Transmission fluid  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Its supposed to be in Neutral, I think,
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Transmission fluid    Transmission fluid  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 6:39 pm

That's what I thought. All the old cars I've had were supposed to be in neutral. I wonder why it says park on the stick?
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Transmission fluid    Transmission fluid  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Park or neutral, but run it up and down through all the gears first, one at a time, pausing for a couple of seconds in each. This will ensure all galleries and passages are filled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission fluid    Transmission fluid  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission fluid
Page 1 of 1