GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warning gong wont shut off

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadagon

Warning gong wont shut off Empty
PostSubject: Warning gong wont shut off   Warning gong wont shut off Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Folks, I have a 96 Roadmaster wagon and need help. I will try to summarize as best as possible.
The interior gong wont shut off after the key is pulled out and all the accessories and lights are shut down.
I have started doing a little troubleshooting and this is what I have. When I go into the underhood fuse box
located on the passenger side inner fender well, and pull out the 60 amp fuse marked as" Body B" the gong
will finally shut off. Can anyone tell me what the gong looks like and where its located. I know that my not be the entire
problem but it would help to shut the gong off. If any one had the same or similar problem or knows a fix,I would love to here from you.
tks
ed

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Warning gong wont shut off   Warning gong wont shut off Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Would be located under the dash (take the panel under the steering wheel off, then the metal bracket that holds that panel off...then another metal pieces that goes under the steering shaft and unclip the black insulation piece that connects above the gas pedal)  That will give you good access to everything under there.  

Seems like your ignition switch is worn or key lock cylinder is worn?  Do you have a spare key that is not as worn down as your usual one?  Could try putting that in there a few times to see if it turns the chime off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Warning gong wont shut off   Warning gong wont shut off Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks, on my next day off I will get under the dash(REALLY LOVE DONG UNDERDASH WORK)
and give it a good look. How fast does that big wagon go? I love the picture of your car launching!
ed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning gong wont shut off   Warning gong wont shut off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning gong wont shut off
Page 1 of 1