GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project

Go down 
+7
phantom 309
DBeaSSt
lugnutz
brokecello
94X2
Cadet57
Sprocket
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Empty
PostSubject: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:18 pm

I had a thought on the way home tonight about starting a registry for our beloved OCCs.

But then I though about starting a Bubble wagon registry for all three makes.

I dunno, discuss in this thread and if there is enough interest, I can start one up (need to brush up on by database skilz anyway).
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Hopefully you'll have a white '92 to add soon. cheers
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 pm

I like the bubble wagon idea. Probably because I don't have any OCCs. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:59 pm

^ What he said.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Oh, I like the OCC idea...there are not too many of these around. Poor little orphans!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:07 am

do it
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:38 am

Sure! Would be cool to see how many are in the family. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:29 pm

so as not to limit myself I just reserved the domain name :

stationwagonregistry.com

I'm out of town on my daughters laptop, so now web development this weekend....

Will post up when I get something going.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:20 pm

occ's are beloved?
wow.

Nick
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:03 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
occ's are beloved?
wow.

Nick

as are tbi's What a Face
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 pm

"occ's are beloved? wow."

Of course they are..., When your wagons name is "Custom Cruiser" That say it all right there!
And on top of that, when you have specialty vehicle output for the 92 model year for olds,
( I think like 3500 olds wagons were made that last year) It is indeed rare and beloved.

My 92 GMC Typhoon, there were only 2400 made. So the OCC is indeed in good company.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/584508

Personally, I think that someone at olds the last year of the wagon program, tried to skew the bean counters, and this was there last attempt to make a sporty wagon with full instrumentation, tach and such. It would also be the last year olds would produce a wagon, and a rear wheel drive.

Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project 3595710089_large
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:45 am

^ What are those wheels? I LOVE them.
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:06 am

hey thanks stingroo! Any relationship to flasheroo?
They are Cragar SS's 18x9. They are the perfect size for the wheel wells.
Hey..., you are from my hometown..., Jax.
I lived in the southside area towards the beaches, growing up.
of course...., that was many automobiles ago. : )
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Other than the additional time necessary to enter the information, a database for all three would be appropriate. What info are you going to record? Year, VIN, owner name, ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:14 pm

oldscruiser wrote:
hey thanks stingroo! Any relationship to flasheroo?
They are Cragar SS's 18x9. They are the perfect size for the wheel wells.
Hey..., you are from my hometown..., Jax.
I lived in the southside area towards the beaches, growing up.
of course...., that was many automobiles ago. : )

lololol No, no relation :p

Those are so clean...

I'm not from Jax, I just go to college up there. I'm a JU student, so I'm in Arlington for most of the year.
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:53 pm

@ Stingroo : Go Dolphins! Basketball
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:46 pm

i could start eliminating vins i was at jy with tim friday we saw 2 white one there. i have seen about 4 in jy this yr. all had torn up front bumpers
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:54 pm

I,d owna occ but only with a 455 olds mpfi setup with a 4l80e,.

nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Count Me In   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Flasheroo here and please count me in for the registry.Hey Oldscruiser I am in Yorktown.How close are you to me because we Are still
having car shows here at the Harley dealership on saturday nights.Now that its cooler the place was filling up at 4pm today.
Everyone Have a great memorial day!
Jim aka Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:51 am

Flasheroo,

Love to get down that way and visit, however, the Tranny is acting up, and i'm saving my nickels for a custom built tranny, that will sync up with my gear ratio.
I'm actually getting ready to winterize it and stick it in the garage.
What sucks though, is that my primary ride at the moment, ( 86 El Camino) is having it's own issues with the trans. It's much cheaper at the moment to fix the Elky's tranny.

However, I do look forward to meeting you one day when I get my $2900 new tranny in the wagon. Come on tax rebate!

Does anyone know the status of the registry? Is anyone putting it together?

AJ
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:19 pm

oldscruiser wrote:
one day when I get my $2900 new tranny in the wagon.

AJ
Holy crap!! thats a pile of money for a 4l60e/700r4,.better talk to shane cobb, at carolina performance trans, he's a decent guy,. and a well done tranny will be about half what you're looking at,.
unless of course you're doing a level 25 with a trans brake, 5000 stall, reverse valvebody etc,..

nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:36 pm

oldscruiser wrote:

Does anyone know the status of the registry? Is anyone putting it together?

AJ

Um....I got as far as registering a domain name, but life has gotten in the way as they say and this little project is in stasis at the moment. It WILL happen, just more a matter of when. Six day work weeks and a sloooooooooow kitchen remodel are the biggest culprits.

Of course tomorrow I'm making a 300 mile round trip just to trade some leather RMS seats for some cloth Bonnies....but you know priorities Smile

Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 pm

@ phantom 309

Well, I might have been a little dramatic. Rolling Eyes
It's the tranny I'd like to have, super bullet proof, with all the bells & whistles, plus the shipping. lol More than likely I will get something a bit more realistic, by what I can save up by spring. (Tax Time)

Problem is I don't have anyone around the area that I feel comfortable with working on my transmission. Shady & questionable. Plus I also want to add a few customized options on as well, and have the ratios sync up with the rear end.

@ Sprocket

Lol, those dadgum priorities!
Nope, I understand about staying busy & stuff. At least it's work huh?
I was just curious had it been started. Keep us posted, and thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project   Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quasi semi-unofficial Custom Cruiser Registry project
Page 1 of 1