GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wagondan96

WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Empty
PostSubject: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi all -

Have a new (to me) 1996 Caprice wagon that came with roof rails in place on each side, but missing the two cross bars. I've looked around online doesn't seem like anyone makes a reproduction part - anyone know where to find them? Or does anyone have a set for sale? Not looking for junk/broken parts, but let me know if you have a used set in good condition.

Thank you!
Dan
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 10:18 pm

The only place you will find them is used. Either from someone parting out a car or from a junk yard. I wish I had a set to offer. 94-96 should all fit.
Back to top Go down
wagondan96

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Bump if anyone has a decent set please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi, I have a few sets from 94-96 buicks and the early 91-93 style also... buicknutt@aol.com
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 am

A caprice just showed up in the local yard. I am going to there today for some other parts. I will be leaving about 9:00 EST. Ph 727-692-5510
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 12:04 pm

It turned out to be a 91, so it does not have the 94-96 racks.
Back to top Go down
wagondan96

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Fred, thanks for checking anyway. Appreciate the help.

BUICKNUTT I will email you. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wagondan96

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Can anyone confirm if the 94-96 RMW cross bars will fit the side rails of a 1996 Caprice?

It seems from my research that the vista roof means that the cross bars are different widths for RMWs versus Caprice wagons.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 6:03 pm

I believe you're correct. I do not think they will fit.

The 91 racks have a different locking system. You have to remove the end of the rack, and slide them in. They have a lever latch on each side. They may still fit the 94-96 side rails, but I am not sure, as I have never tried them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 12:52 pm

I have an extra set off my '91. I'll try them on my '95 tonight. If they fit, pay shipping and they're yours.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 1:11 pm

If the 91s fit, they are a little lower to the roof.
Back to top Go down
wagondan96

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks 3TONFUN appreciate the help - any pics you can take would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 8:16 am

Oh man....It was raining and 40* last night. I don't mind either but the combo sucks. It'll be nice when I get home tonight so I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 8:40 am

I searched hi and lo for those cross rails...no luck. I'm starting to think they didn't make the big move when I bought my new house. I'll keep looking but didn't want to leave you hanging.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 1:04 pm

I can get a pair, but do not have a car to test them on.
Back to top Go down
wagondan96

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Thanks 3TONFUN, appreciate the effort.

Fred - I'll PM you. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:31 am

I found my set of '91 cross rails and they are identical to my '95. Let me know if you still need them. I put them on my car for now...Looks ridiculous with 4 rails!!!
Back to top Go down
wagondan96

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 am

Thanks - PM sent.
Back to top Go down
wagondan96

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm all set now, thanks to 3TONFUN. Can't wait to start hauling more junk!

Thanks all for your help and input.

Oh, and the T-56 and 4.10 Gears have been treating me nice as well Wink

WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Wagondan96-albums-96-dcm-picture20417-roof-racks-3tonfun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Nice looking Caprice! I love the color.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 10:01 am

Looking good! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice   WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB roof rack CROSS BARS for caprice
Page 1 of 1