GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 Roady needs a vapor canister

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rauldelp

rauldelp

93 Roady needs a vapor canister Empty
PostSubject: 93 Roady needs a vapor canister   93 Roady needs a vapor canister Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi folks, I'm looking for a Vapor canister for my 93 Roady, and it looks like they stopped making the damned things! Normally I wouldn't care but the fuel fumes are getting excessive.

A few months ago, I cleaned out the purge valve (solenoid) on the can, and that seemed to work for a bit. Now it's jammed shut, and won't open at all. I've considered the hammer treatment, but don't want to end up going from fuel smell to vacuum leak.

It should be a standard products CP3175. Only places I've found it want $200 or so for it. A vented fuel cap would be much less than that, but I'd rather keep it right.

Does this part still exist?

If hit with a hammer in the right place will it unstick? Am I going to have to slice it open with the dremel, clean it and glue it back together?

I guess I can move to the unswitched vapor canister and use a separate solenoid valve nearby but again, that's moving away from stock and would add more junk in the engine bay.

Should I get used to being high on e10 on the drive home everyday?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 93 Roady needs a vapor canister   93 Roady needs a vapor canister Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Are the canisters the same in a sedan? Not sure but would think so. Maybe a JY run is in order...
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: 93 Roady needs a vapor canister   93 Roady needs a vapor canister Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Sounds like a plan!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 Roady needs a vapor canister   93 Roady needs a vapor canister Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 am

All of the 91-93 canisters are the same. I am not sure of the 94-96, but when something works, GM probably did not spend a lot of resources redesigning it. If the junk yard has a 91-93, go get it. They sit right on top, so they are easy to remove. The 94-96 is under the right front fender behind the wheelhouse extension, and has a nifty bracket that can be used to hide the 91-93 at the same location on the driver's side (you will have to extend the wires, and hoses a little).

If you can not find one, I believe I still have the one from my 91 when I put the 454 in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 Roady needs a vapor canister   93 Roady needs a vapor canister Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 Roady needs a vapor canister
Page 1 of 1