GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vapor recovery tank relocation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Vapor recovery tank relocation Empty
PostSubject: Vapor recovery tank relocation   Vapor recovery tank relocation Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 10:25 pm

I am putting a cold air intake on my 92 OCC, so my mutt engine will be able to breathe. So, I spent the afternoon relocating my vapor canister under the left front bumper. I used the canister bracket from a 94-96, extended the wiring and the hoses. Now there is room for the airbox where the canister once was. I am reusing the airbox from my 91 when it had a modded 350 in it.

The mutt engine is a .030 over 350 with the crank from one Vortec, an LO5 block, L99 cam, Vortec heads from another engine, Weiand intake, 2 shaped adapter plates, and a 46mm TBI. I have the shorty headers and exhausts from the 91 on it as well. There are some quirks that I have to deal with, but that comes with the territory. The headers sit about an inch higher than the LO5 heads, so I can put the O2 sensor in the header bung, instead of the pipe bung.

I had to bore out the intake for the shorty distributor, and some lines and hoses are different. I got a new Vortec water pump cheap, but ended up putting 3/8 inch spacers behind it to get the pulley to line up with the LO5 FEAD parts. I should have just used an LO5 pump...no adjustment necessary.

Vapor recovery tank relocation Vapor_10
Back to top Go down

Vapor recovery tank relocation
Page 1 of 1