GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5th anniversary...Glen West

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4501 Safari

5th anniversary...Glen West Empty
PostSubject: 5th anniversary...Glen West   5th anniversary...Glen West Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 8:05 pm

It was 5 years ago tonight Glen West left me a message on my answering machine.  We were to get together the next day or so.  The next morning, April 18th, 2013, Glen was gone.  His adult sons and a few of us friends attended a memorial gathering that weekend at Glen's home in St. Augustine.

This is my homage to Glen.  I believe when you invoke the memory fo someone they live again for that moment.  Each year I've posted a little note about Glen on this and the Impala SS Forum.  Glen was a true friend and a genuine human being.  Those of you who remember him know what I mean.  Our wagons were an introduction to a friendship that set a high bar for the remainder of my life.  Many of us would do well to have Glen's attitude about living and have a little fun along the way.  We never know when the trip may end.  It would be nice to think we could be remembered.  

I personally expect to be greeted by a crown of grateful cats.  Meanwhile, still here and another tip of my hat to a fine guy.

I may have to go eat some "bad for you" food with extra desert in celebration!

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

Last edited by 4501 Safari on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No edit but I've no idea where this would be properly posted on this forum as it's all pretty much wagon related...hope this is ok.)
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

5th anniversary...Glen West Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th anniversary...Glen West   5th anniversary...Glen West Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Glen was a Genuinely nice guy. He offered his house/garage so I could fix my wagon.... BEFORE we met.
Back to top Go down

5th anniversary...Glen West
Page 1 of 1