GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies

Go down 
+4
RedandBlack
94Woody
Fred Kiehl
harrisons13
8 posters
AuthorMessage
harrisons13

harrisons13

Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Empty
PostSubject: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:00 am

Good Evening! I'm thinking of installing aftermarket headlight assemblies such as the ones form street trendsstreet trends. I heard these work much better with LEDs and HIDs. What should I do about the ugly taillights? Should I take them apart to restore them, or do you think just a sand down and clear coat would do the trick for them. ThankSS!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am

There are a couple of lens repair kits. My brother used one, but had to cover it overnight because the fluid takes forever to dry/cure, and dew will mess it up. It did a really nice job. You can also sand and clearcoat, but be careful, because I have a set that crazes every time I try to clearcoat it.

I have a set of aftermarket headlights on one of my wagons and use LEDs in both. The LEDs make either of them have much brighter output. The OEM units are just fine. If the front lenses are foggy, the same treatment for the rears will work on the fronts.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 7:51 pm

I put a pair of eBay specials on mine.

Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies CT0B7Y7
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 pm

^ Have those same lights. Output is fine.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Better than stockers,Ray?
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 12:15 am

I think so - even the tinted ones. These have casper shields that make the light cutoff much better.
Back to top Go down
mythi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 pm

if you want to remove the fog cover in toothpaste and let it set for a bit them wash off. i want to find some halo projector lights for mine.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
There are a couple of lens repair kits. My brother used one, but had to cover it overnight because the fluid takes forever to dry/cure, and dew will mess it up. It did a really nice job. You can also sand and clearcoat, but be careful, because I have a set that crazes every time I try to clearcoat it.

I have a set of aftermarket headlights on one of my wagons and use LEDs in both. The LEDs make either of them have much brighter output. The OEM units are just fine. If the front lenses are foggy, the same treatment for the rears will work on the fronts.

Fred, I see many LED headlight sets for sale, from $10 a bulb, to hundreds. I also see many different opinions about quality. How satisfied are you with yours, and what did you get?

Thanks,

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am

I like the brightness of the LED lights. I bought the cheapest I could find, and bought several sets. The difference in beam patterns does not affect them enough that it causes me concern. I have only had one (side) failure to this point. I do not know if it is the bulb, or the voltage regulator. Some of them have the regulator incorporated in the bulb unit. I also like them because I am running electric fans, and it gives me a few amps in reserve. Some fit a lot tighter in the receptacle than others. The lights are rather shock tolerant. I am also running after market capsules for the headlights.

Some now come with large flexible heat sinks instead of fans. I think the heat sinks are more reliable, although you must keep either one clean for maximum bulb life. The fan motors make a discernible whine when the lights are on. The radio masks them, but you can hear them wind down when you shut the car off.
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 4:09 am

I'm planning to buy LED lights from superbrightleds since I heard good reviews about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies   Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone running aftermarket headlight assemblies
Page 1 of 1