GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hooker Aerochamber mufflers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
f550maranello2

Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Empty
PostSubject: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 4:56 pm

Gentlemen,

Got a 94 RMW, needs the whole exhaust replaced. I want to go with the Pypes XGI10 x pipe and some Hooker aerochamber mufflers.

Now, I have this setup in my 95 camaro Z28 and it sounds great, BUT the Camaro has a Y pipe going to 1 single hooker aerochamber muffler. The wagon obviously  would need 2 mufflers.

I do plan on keeping the resonators, just wanted to see if anyone has used these on the wagon, from what I can tell I need offset/offset.

Part# 21504HKR
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 11:59 am

Yes, I'm running a pair of 21504HKR mufflers.  LOVE them.  Best sounding mufflers IMO.  

Chris

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
f550maranello2

PostSubject: Re: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 10:40 am

So I installed these along with the Pypes X pipe and stock resonators, sounds real nice!
Almost no drone and barely audible inside the cabin, outside sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Haze5736

PostSubject: Re: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm

I have a pair of aerochambers on my 96 without resonators and no x pipe. There is a little drone at about 40-45 but not at highway speeds. I think they sound great. My son tells me they sound great from outside under heavy throttle. I originally had them installed with the resonators but I felt they were too quiet. They only sounded good under WOT. So I had the resonators removed.
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 3:53 am

I'm curious if the hooker aerochamber mufflers are too loud?
Back to top Go down
Haze5736

PostSubject: Re: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 7:29 am

monwell wrote:

Under what condition? WOT? Idle? Cruising?

I have to admit that the drone at the lower speed is a tad annoying at times. But not enough for me to do anything about it and I don't spend a lot of time at that speed. No one else in my family seems to notice or at least it does not bother them. I notice it because I'm always listening for it. I also notice every other little noise. I can hear all the squeaks and rattles that no one else notices. Perhaps some day, when I'm older and if I still have the car, I will have the resonators put back on since I did keep them.

It really does come down to personal preference. The hard part is, in my opinion, it's not something you can just keep trying out until you find what you like best. Unless you have money to burn. I don't do exhaust work so maybe DIY makes trying different things affordable? I made a choice, I'm 95% happy with it so life is good.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 10:38 am

monwell wrote:

Will you keep your Cats?

What about resonators?

Where will the exhaust exit?

That all makes a huge difference. When I added back some highflow cats and moved the exhaust exit from straight out the back to turned down like stock...it was a drastic change. I have no resonators too...so it would be even quieter if I had those.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hooker Aerochamber mufflers   Hooker Aerochamber mufflers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hooker Aerochamber mufflers
Page 1 of 1