GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caprice tailgate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:19 pm

Anyone have a tailgate they want to get rid of? The body shop can’t find a source for one and I’m guessing the insurance is going to total out my car. If I can find a tailgate, the body shop said they’d spray it for $300-400.
Back to top Go down
Paulmust50lx

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:55 pm

I have a gate off a 93 Woodie roadmaster located in Chesapeake, va
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:56 pm

If you’re willing to ship it, I’ll might be interested
Back to top Go down
Paulmust50lx

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Norm wrote:
If you’re willing to ship it, I’ll might be interested

Im sure shipping would be expensive for the weight and size of a tailgate. Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Washington. I found one on eBay that was $165 plus $200 shipping. It was the same color as mine but had a small dent. I’ve heard of a few guys on here that have shipped with Greyhound, idk if that’s an option for you or not.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 10:23 pm

Did you check with Buicknutt? He is in California.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 10:32 pm

I haven’t, I’ll message him
Back to top Go down
opiecars

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 12:47 am

Do you still need a tailgate? I have one off a newer caprice ('96?). I live outside of Seattle.

Richard O.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 12:53 am

Yes, I’m still looking for a tailgate. I’m in the Yakima area. How much are you wanting for it? Is it in good condition?
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 am

opiecars wrote:
Do you still need a tailgate? I have one off a newer caprice ('96?). I live outside of Seattle.

Richard O.

Yes, I’m still looking for a tailgate. I’m in the Yakima area. How much are you wanting for it? Is it in good condition?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 8:42 am

I would get the left body side hinges with the 96 tailgate if possible, or you may have to swap your 92 hinges from the left side of the gate to the 96. I would install it and try the 96 parts if they are on the tailgate, but if you have issues, the latching mechanisms may be a little different, or so I have been told.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up, appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
opiecars

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi Norm,

I'm not able to respond to your PM as I don't have enough postings. If you send another PM with your email address or # I'll get back to you.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm

opiecars wrote:
Hi Norm,

I'm not able to respond to your PM as I don't have enough postings. If you send another PM with your email address or # I'll get back to you.

Richard

Contact info sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caprice tailgate  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caprice tailgate    Caprice tailgate  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caprice tailgate
Page 1 of 1