GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moisture issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello friends
Tonight while driving my '91 Caprice wagon, all the windows were covered with damp when it started raining.
It was hard to find what caused the fogged windows but at the top of the doors I could see some moisture at the inside of the doors near the doorrubbers. So is this a common issue? Do I need new rubbers?
When I expected the rubbers on the outside, I could easy peal them off, so do I need to put kit in there?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Long shot, your heater core isn't leaking is it?  If it was, when you turned the defrost on, it would put humidity on the inside of the wagon.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks Tom, that was my first thought (and fear) also. But the carpet is bone dry at the passengers side. I think I must a leak at the windshield.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 7:16 pm

In weather like that, you must your your AC. This will quickly remove the humidity inside the car. Note that you don't have to select AC to engage the compressor. Defrost will, and so will Blend (as does AC and MAX). Turn up the heat, turn on the AC, and you'll be fine.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chevy freak '91

Chevy freak '91

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 6:35 am

Ok thanks, and if the heater core is broken, how can you tell? Does the carpet underneath the passengerside has to be very wet than?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 8:11 am

If the heater core is leaking when you turn the defrost on, there will be a film on the windshield. Also there may be a sweet smell.

Tom

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 9:56 am

Clean your windows. Dirty windows are much more likely to fog up.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 6:32 am

The evaporator case drain might also be obstructed, causing a lot of moisture to remain in the HVAC system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moisture issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moisture issues   Moisture issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moisture issues
Page 1 of 1