GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Auto down window switch question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RadioFlyer

Auto down window switch question Empty
PostSubject: Auto down window switch question   Auto down window switch question Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 3:36 pm

I bought a new master window switch and installed it. I had read about the auto down feature and it is very cool. My question is when you click the button back for the auto down is it supposed to release itself back to its resting position? I haven't let it stay locked but for a second for fear of burning up the motor.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Auto down window switch question   Auto down window switch question Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 6:42 pm

It is supposed to reset itself on its own.

I always break the little clip off because the feature annoys me on these cars. The new cars have a much better design that eliminates the annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Auto down window switch question   Auto down window switch question Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 8:10 pm

There is an internal circuit breaker in the motor. It should release when the motor stops for a few seconds. I like it on my 92, but I cut the clip off on my 92, because it would not release. I took about 5 minutes to reset the circuit breaker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto down window switch question   Auto down window switch question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto down window switch question
Page 1 of 1