GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

steering wheel swap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pontdog@nb.sympatico.ca

steering wheel swap Empty
PostSubject: steering wheel swap   steering wheel swap Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2021 6:42 pm

hi i have a 91 caprice wagon and wondering if a 1979 chev malibu steering wheel would swap out,i don't care about an airbag.but if i leave the yellow wire unhooked do i still have an airbag on the pass. side,thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: steering wheel swap   steering wheel swap Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2021 9:30 pm

I do not know if the wheel will fit, but you must put a 2 ohm 10 watt resistor across the leads of the yellow wire under the dash. There are a lot of other wheels that will fit, and the Grant base for the GM, and Jeep wheels will fit with a slight modification to allow the horn connector wire to go through to the ring. You can get adapters to fit almost any type of aftermarket wheel, and its horn button.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon

PostSubject: Re: steering wheel swap   steering wheel swap Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 8:37 am

I’ve got a 91 OCC. Are you positive that your caprice has a passenger airbag? If I had to guess, that Malibu wheel would bolt up fine, spline-wise. Can’t speak to the diameter/offset/dish though.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: steering wheel swap   steering wheel swap Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 8:41 am

Swaggerwagon wrote:
I’ve got a 91 OCC. Are you positive that your caprice has a passenger airbag? If I had to guess, that Malibu wheel would bolt up fine, spline-wise. Can’t speak to the diameter/offset/dish though.

You are correct. The only ones with passenger side airbags are the 94-96 models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steering wheel swap   steering wheel swap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

steering wheel swap
Page 1 of 1