GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RELIABLE Fuel Pumps??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dagwood

RELIABLE Fuel Pumps?? Empty
PostSubject: RELIABLE Fuel Pumps??   RELIABLE Fuel Pumps?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2023 2:19 pm

1994 Roadmaster wagon. I just had my FOURTH fuel pump in four years die (two were almost DOA), leaving me stranded at the top of Donner Summit. I'm so sick of this.

Can anyone recommend a TRULY RELIABLE fuel pump for this car?? Something bulletproof that will last many years without worry? Price is almost no object (time, towing and Uber are expensive!)

Please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: RELIABLE Fuel Pumps??   RELIABLE Fuel Pumps?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2023 2:59 pm

Walbro is a go to for me. The 255 is a good replacement.

Dagwood likes this post

Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: RELIABLE Fuel Pumps??   RELIABLE Fuel Pumps?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2023 5:40 pm

You can still get the OEM Delco pump only that is made in Brazil, I think. I got mine two years ago and put it in the original frame, but replaced the sending unit with on off a Delphi pump I got but didn't like because it looked just like all the other Chinese ones except for the sending unit.

The pump I got was identical to what was in the car that appeared to be the OEM from the factory.

Dagwood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Walterf

PostSubject: Re: RELIABLE Fuel Pumps??   RELIABLE Fuel Pumps?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2023 2:16 pm

I believe the weak link is the neoprene connector on the outflow. When I installed a Delphi pump, I reused the said connector. No guarantee, but no problems in 40,000 miles.

Dagwood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RELIABLE Fuel Pumps??   RELIABLE Fuel Pumps?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RELIABLE Fuel Pumps??
Page 1 of 1