GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horn pad repair -Is it feasible?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shrimpNE

Horn pad repair -Is it feasible? Empty
PostSubject: Horn pad repair -Is it feasible?   Horn pad repair -Is it feasible? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 pm

My 1996 Steering Wheel horn pad/ air bag is stuck in the ON state 100% of the time

I have had to remove the fuse.

I have NO horn at all now!

What is the method to resolve?
Do I buy an entire Air Bag
System or just a vinyl cover?

Thanks for any advice.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Horn pad repair -Is it feasible?   Horn pad repair -Is it feasible? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2023 6:24 am

The switches are broken. You can find small "push on" switches to replace them, or install a small push button switch in a descret location.

shrimpNE likes this post

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Horn pad repair -Is it feasible?   Horn pad repair -Is it feasible? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 8:31 pm

One option is now you can throw caution and safety to the wind and finally get that cool aftermarket steering wheell you've had your eye on.

another option for those pesky 94-96 horn malfunctions is do what i did on my 96 - although if you watch both my videos you will see that what i actually did and what i would've done the next time I have to do this job. Personally I would still do it this way vs what i've seen most people do which is putting a button somewhere on the dash that imo does not feel natural or convenient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=945S8O8FcWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DjPofX8MeA
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
crm114

PostSubject: Re: Horn pad repair -Is it feasible?   Horn pad repair -Is it feasible? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 11:23 pm

Does anyone know if we can swap in a same-year Corvette steering wheel? Specifically 94 to 94? I'd like to keep the airbag and I think that while most wheel swaps would annoy me with the mismatched logo, the black Vette wheel in my tan Roadie interior would have a certain silly panache.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horn pad repair -Is it feasible?   Horn pad repair -Is it feasible? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horn pad repair -Is it feasible?
Page 1 of 1