GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?

Go down 
+6
BAD_WAG
booster
Sprocket
Swaggerwagon
Buickman1
94Woody
10 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 4:42 pm

Need this changed to 2024.

After some serious thinking this week and talking to my wife about how my interest in car is gone and it shouldn’t be left to waste away. I have decided to sell it. Wanted to do a complete package deal but a coworker just wants the wagon itself with the stereo system. If I go through with it I will have a large amount of spare parts to unload. Engine, rear end, glass, OCC bumpers, sun coast hood plus much more.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1


Posts : 156
Join date : 2021-05-15
Age : 53
Location : Ormond Beach Florida

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 4:28 pm

Hope you change your mind and stick around.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 10:47 pm

Buickman1 wrote:
Hope you change your mind and stick around.

I have "sold" this thing several times in the last couple of years, lol.

Made that post at work. Got home, installed new EWP and the car fired right up. Instantly thought, do I really want to? So I put the rear springs back in, tires on and put it back on the ground. Will drive it around tomorrow and take it to work Monday morning to make up my mind. Wagon has a couple recurring issues that I just don't want to deal with and I found a 72 Custom Cruiser in really good shape for a really good price.

Of course selling just the wagon means I have to deal with the general public (aka FB marketplace and Craigslist) and their guaranteed insanity and frustration to unload the mountain of parts I have not yet installed. Other folks at work told me not to be stupid and finish the car before selling. I would make more selling it separate though. Sorry, I'm rambling, the meds only get me through the day so my mind is back to it's jumbled mess of thoughts at night.
Back to top Go down
Swaggerwagon

Swaggerwagon


Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 94
Location : Detroit metro

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 10:26 pm

Yep. What you’re going thru is more common than you think. Whatever you decide, is the right answer
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 9:22 pm

Swaggerwagon wrote:
Yep. What you’re going thru is more common than you think. Whatever you decide, is the right answer

Got it gassed up and washed last night and drove it to work this morning. Decided for the 5th time that it isn't going anywhere. Driving it motivated me though and I will get back on the air suspension this weekend. Goal is to have it presentable enough to make the trip to Daytona at the end of March. Seems simple enough but I did pull the interior to weld up the holes in the roof back in the summer of 2022. I bought the welder to do that job in late summer 2021.

Sprocket, rcktpwrd and BAD_WAG like this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket


Posts : 6125
Join date : 2008-11-04
Location : Palm Beach County

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 10:15 am

94Woody wrote:
Swaggerwagon wrote:
Yep. What you’re going thru is more common than you think. Whatever you decide, is the right answer

Got it gassed up and washed last night and drove it to work this morning. Decided for the 5th time that it isn't going anywhere. Driving it motivated me though and I will get back on the air suspension this weekend. Goal is to have it presentable enough to make the trip to Daytona at the end of March. Seems simple enough but I did pull the interior to weld up the holes in the roof back in the summer of 2022. I bought the welder to do that job in late summer 2021.

It only needs one seat to get to Daytona cheers

94Woody and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 2:25 pm

Sprocket wrote:
94Woody wrote:
Swaggerwagon wrote:
Yep. What you’re going thru is more common than you think. Whatever you decide, is the right answer

Got it gassed up and washed last night and drove it to work this morning. Decided for the 5th time that it isn't going anywhere. Driving it motivated me though and I will get back on the air suspension this weekend. Goal is to have it presentable enough to make the trip to Daytona at the end of March. Seems simple enough but I did pull the interior to weld up the holes in the roof back in the summer of 2022. I bought the welder to do that job in late summer 2021.

It only needs one seat to get to Daytona cheers

That is correct. Windows are tinted enough that if I put the shade in the windshield no one will even see inside Smile

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
booster




Posts : 579
Join date : 2020-04-21
Location : Andover, Minnesota

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 4:18 pm

This week I took the RMW for a ride and to do some errands. That NEVER has happened in Minneapolis at the end of January before, unless you are willing to drive it in salt, which I am not.

94Woody, rcktpwrd, Buickman1 and BAD_WAG like this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 1:10 pm

I did nothing, so far. Was busy putting stuff on my Silverado, it would be mad if it knew I installed the parts the day they arrived.

Anyways, to make up for thinking about selling her, I hopped on eBay this morning and bought a complete 96SS console setup to put in it. It's always been the one modification that I wished I had removed from the 94woody before I sold it. Also found a ruby red glove box to complete my collection of near perfect dash parts. Don't want to paint anything tan because I don't really like it so now I just have to hunt down a bunch more parts.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 10:00 pm

Nothing again except for order a bunch of stuff. Most of it has already arrived and I'm very impressed with eBay sellers right now. I've never seen a 96SS console in this good of shape, intact mount holes, no tears or cracks. Previous owner was pothead though so it needs some airing out, lol.

Same goes for the glove box that appears to be an NOS part. Perfect lower dash knee panel. Since I now have a complete and near perfect Ruby Red dash the interior is being changed to Red and Black.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket


Posts : 6125
Join date : 2008-11-04
Location : Palm Beach County

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 11:38 am

you mentioned somewhere you found the Ruby red SEM for $15 a can. care to share the link? I need some parts resprayed.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 8:46 pm

www.kolorhouse.com

Also got free shipping and no tax. The paint is 25 bucks at Advance Auto and only the ones that have an automotive paint supply area keep it in stock.

Back to top Go down
BAD_WAG




Posts : 107
Join date : 2022-12-10
Location : Las Vegas

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 1:27 pm

booster wrote:
This week I took the RMW for a ride and to do some errands.  That NEVER has happened in Minneapolis at the end of January before, unless you are willing to drive it in salt, which I am not.

The weather there has been crazy warm. My hometown is Bemidji, so I'm well versed with the cold weather.
Back to top Go down
BAD_WAG




Posts : 107
Join date : 2022-12-10
Location : Las Vegas

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 1:30 pm

94Woody wrote:
Buickman1 wrote:
Hope you change your mind and stick around.

I have "sold" this thing several times in the last couple of years, lol.

Made that post at work. Got home, installed new EWP and the car fired right up. Instantly thought, do I really want to? So I put the rear springs back in, tires on and put it back on the ground. Will drive it around tomorrow and take it to work Monday morning to make up my mind. Wagon has a couple recurring issues that I just don't want to deal with and I found a 72 Custom Cruiser in really good shape for a really good price.

Of course selling just the wagon means I have to deal with the general public (aka FB marketplace and Craigslist) and their guaranteed insanity and frustration to unload the mountain of parts I have not yet installed. Other folks at work told me not to be stupid and finish the car before selling. I would make more selling it separate though. Sorry, I'm rambling, the meds only get me through the day so my mind is back to it's jumbled mess of thoughts at night.

Completely understand your thoughts. I agree, dealing with the flakes/dumb asses on those sites is frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1


Posts : 156
Join date : 2021-05-15
Age : 53
Location : Ormond Beach Florida

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 11:07 am

Got lucky when the Olds was down because of the rear axle, and found a cherry battery tray to swap out what was left of the old one.
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Tray210
Not much left of the original.
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Tray310
Yes, I will fix the inner fender at some point
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Tray110
I don't know how, but it is almost like brand new. Cleaned the minor rust and coated it with spray on bed liner.

GeoffB and BAD_WAG like this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl


Posts : 7159
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 75
Location : Largo, FL 33774

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 12:05 pm

Buickman1 wrote:
Got lucky when the Olds was down because of the rear axle, and found a cherry battery tray to swap out what was left of the old one.
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Tray210
Not much left of the original.
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Tray310
Yes, I will fix the inner fender at some point
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Tray110
I don't know how, but it is almost like brand new. Cleaned the minor rust and coated it with spray on bed liner.
Whenever I find a good battery tray, I grab it. I like to grab good wheelhouses too. Most look like yours, or should I say, what is left of yours.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1


Posts : 156
Join date : 2021-05-15
Age : 53
Location : Ormond Beach Florida

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2024 11:26 am

I got the rear bumper brace from Whitebird, installed late yesterday. I thought I would have to modify it to make it work, but apparently the left and right side braces are slightly different. It didn't really dawn on me until I started to reinstall the braces that the tailgate is different side to side because of the hinges.
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Brace10
left side is a little shorter than the right
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Bracke10
the brace fit perfect, only mod was drilling new holes to match the bumper cover

94Woody, rcktpwrd and WhiteBird like this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 11:04 am

New carpets arrived so I put her in the garage since my wife is out of town this week. I managed to get the new 250Amp Alternator on but that’s it. Had to do a home/yard project involving shovels and concrete blocks and I’m way past 20 so my body is protesting.
Back to top Go down
BAD_WAG




Posts : 107
Join date : 2022-12-10
Location : Las Vegas

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2024 9:46 pm

Started installing the radiator support and radiator in the car.

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? 42964110
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? 42967110
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? 42975710

rcktpwrd, Buickman1 and GeoffB like this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
Moderator
silverfox103


Posts : 3344
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 75
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons, GA

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 7:37 am

You've been busy! Nice work.

Tom

BAD_WAG likes this post

Back to top Go down
r67northern

r67northern


Posts : 130
Join date : 2010-09-05
Location : North Louisiana

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 9:57 am

Drove it from Louisiana to Iowa and back - still a great cruiser.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 11:20 pm

Ordered more parts that were delivered throughout the week and I just ordered a set of 17” US Mags wheels. Hopefully they arrive before the show. Should be working on the car but a couple of weeks ago my rapidly aging body decided that I needed to learn all about Sciatica. Still ongoing problems but I can move around without crying so I have to get busy  this weekend and get some stuff done before Daytona next weekend.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody


Posts : 2388
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Ocala,FL

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 8:39 am

Got the rest of my interior removed. Going to better route my wiring and hoses that run under carpet. Also get my console mount installed before installing new carpet.

Saw that my driver side floor is still perfectly clean and rust free. Pass side is a different story thanks to an HVAC box leak that went unnoticed for decades. Can see the ground in a small area now. Time to get that apart so I can clean the area and weld in some new metal. Glad I kept some large pieces of the roof from that wagon I hacked up.

Buickman1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
zonaman

zonaman


Posts : 18
Join date : 2024-01-30
Location : Chandler, AZ

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: I bought one and brought ti home!   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:15 am

Picked this up in Tucson.  Been in the previous owner's family for years.  Taken good care of too.  I understand that the previous owner's father is a contributor to this forum.  I plan to keep this one in the best shape I can going forward.2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? D_side14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» what i did last week to wagon
» 2021 - What did you do to your wagon this week?
» 2023 - What did you do to your wagon this week?
» 2022 - What did you do to your wagon this week?
» 2020 - What did you do to your wagon this week?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: