GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?

Go down 
+8
silverfox103
Fred Kiehl
BAD_WAG
booster
Sprocket
Swaggerwagon
Buickman1
94Woody
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2024 10:15 pm

Got all the springs pulled out so I can finally install the air bags.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 8:39 pm

finished the roof rack reinstall.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2024 7:53 pm

On Thursday night I rebuilt the right rear brakes. Had a blown wheel cylinder and made a huge mess of the brakes. Replaced the wheel cylinder, shoes and most of the springs. The white spring in the kit was too short so I reused the one that was in there.

We just got back from a 400 mile road trip for a car show, the wagon got plenty of attention. Brakes seem to be working well.

I will be replacing the other wheel cylinder and probably the shoes as well, just didn't have the time before the trip...

Buickman1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2024 7:59 pm

I've been doing little things at a time. I ran the Starship with the virtual dashboard on my computer. I found that my sender for my temp gauge is either not calibrated for the location, or it is faulty. The temp is steady 175-180 on the virtual dashboard. Since I have a steady temp, I hooked up the AC, and am now driving in comfort. I had to move the catch can because I installed a different coolant tank. Everything I do requires me to do some other little adjustment to make it work. I had to drill a new hole in the can mount, cut the bottom of the mount, and make 2 holes in the wheelhouse with rivnuts to mount it. Then I had to cut an inch and a half off of the hose from the vent in the valve cover to the can. The car makes sure I do as much extra as possible...The fitting for the hose came loose when removing the hose, so that is another trip to the tool box for a wrench.

The White Elephant had some more issues. I had people help me with the car, and I found 3 plug wires off of the plugs, and #6 wire end at the distributor was not properly installed, and it did not clip on the post. I finally can time the car correctly, and then reinstall the blower motor and squirrel cage. It should be running (with AC) in the next few days. The proportioning valve is acting up again. I let the brake fluid run a little low, and it may have air in the front cylinder. I have one more good valve, so I will be installing it, and trying to recenter the shuttle in the one that is acting up. I may even install an aftermarket adjustable valve to eliminate the OEM unit entirely.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Update, always more complicated than expected. I was told that the computer would compensate for the AC compressor... not so, young rabbit, you must set up AC Kick and wire it to the computer. Then you can have idle with AC.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2024 5:54 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Update, always more complicated than expected. I was told that the computer would compensate for the AC compressor... not so, young rabbit, you must set up AC Kick and wire it to the computer. Then you can have idle with AC.

They were correct, it will compensate for the a/c load. Just left out the part about wiring it in to work that way!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2024 8:32 pm

Not only did they leave out the part about wiring it to work that way, they made it sound like it did not need to do anything, and it would do it automatically.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2024 9:17 pm

Installed a resealed steering gear. I did not get the pitman shaft clip ring properly seated, and the seals blew out. It put about a quart of PS fluid on the ground. Managed to push everything back in, and got the clip ring seated. No leaks.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2024 6:03 pm

New front rotors and pads and repacked the wheel bearings.

I was also going to change the calipers but the calipers I have are for the thicker pads which I did not know until I had the first one mounted and there was a 1/2" of play! I couldn't find the thick pads in stock locally. So, I put the old caliper back in... I'll order a set of pads and swap them later on.

I had ordered the calipers a while back, they are listed for the wagon, but I found out they are the 'heavy' duty ones.
ACDELCO 18FR1139 ACDELCO 18FR1140
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2024 10:10 am

I found out that the Hydroboost was also leaking and replaced it. The "universal fit" unit has a threaded shaft, and a larger diameter master cylinder end that will fit the OEM master cylinder. The adapter for the break pedal required thinned and the hole drilled to fit the post on the pedal.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2024 10:25 pm

Wife said if it isn't out of her garage by the end of the month she will have a tow company remove it, lol. Yes, Ma'am. Spent a couple hours this evening tearing out all the wiring for audio, air ride, etc. It's now ready to have the interior put back in. Ordered the cheapest front and rear coil springs that Rock Auto had for it. Need to swap a few parts from it to it's replacement and it will be ready.

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2024 8:32 pm

Just got home from a 950ish mile road trip to Hershey, Pa for the AACA car show and swap meet. Had awesome weather and saw a lot of neat stuff in the swap meet and amazing cars in the show! Along with the wife's wagon we saw a '96 Buick wagon, two Impala SS and a couple sedans on the show field.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2024 9:19 pm

For the first time in nearly 2 years she has a complete dash installed. It's 3 different colors and the dash pad is cracked in multiple places but still. The Grey lower dash that was in the back of the B4U is only one broken tab away from being perfect though. I also accepted an offer yesterday and took a down payment today.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?   2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2024 - What did you do to your wagon this week?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2