GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

92 wagon with a few bugs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zonaman

zonaman

92 wagon with a few bugs Empty
PostSubject: 92 wagon with a few bugs   92 wagon with a few bugs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 11:08 am

Looking at a 92 Caprice Wagon.  Gas gauge and power antenna not working.  Potentially expensive fixes?  Anything else about this year I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 92 wagon with a few bugs   92 wagon with a few bugs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 11:14 am

Not really, common problems that we've all had. You probably need a new antenna or have yours rebuilt, and most likely it it your fuel pump sending unit.

Tom
Back to top Go down
zonaman

zonaman

PostSubject: Re: 92 wagon with a few bugs   92 wagon with a few bugs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 11:58 am

One, more: How about power window repair? I know on some vehicles it's pretty stiff to get that one taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 92 wagon with a few bugs   92 wagon with a few bugs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 2:45 pm

zonaman wrote:
One, more: How about power window repair? I know on some vehicles it's  pretty stiff to get that one taken care of.
Window rollers OE are prone to break in all years 91-96, replacement ones are available and round vs. original elliptical ones.  Not a hard fix.

window motors are pop riveted in and have to be drilled out.  Not hard either and honestly easier that it was on my kids 2005 Panther (motor and regulator are one unit on that car and also riveted).

I've done both, half an hour - 1 for rollers per door maybe 1-2 for the motor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 92 wagon with a few bugs   92 wagon with a few bugs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

92 wagon with a few bugs
Page 1 of 1