GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did we really lock a thread?

Go down 
+4
Cadet57
Bewber
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Did we really lock a thread? Empty
PostSubject: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:10 am

Really?

smh

And it wasn't even a bad thread.

Disappointing to say the least.

~B
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:11 am

^ This.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am

Yes

Not the first time, unfortunately probably won't be the last. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:14 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
Yes

Didn't realize you were the super-mod type, Mike. Sad
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am

It's sure not 'cause I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Explain Please   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:09 am

OK I would like to know what is "lock a thread" because I have never heard this term before?
Thanks
Jim aka Flasheroo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:10 am

When a thread is locked (or closed) you can't post in it anymore, only view it.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
OK I would like to know what is "lock a thread" because I have never heard this term before?
Thanks
Jim aka Flasheroo

Typically - It usually only happens when it's obvious that nothing good will come from it being left open due to someone in that thread's endless determination to crap on everything and/or everyone in it either directly or (yawn) passively - everytime they comment.

On most forums, repeat or continuous offenders who can't take hints tend to earn themselves a time out. To that person, it's a vacation from the forum - to everyone else on that forum, it's a welcomed vacation from the toxicity of that person.

Lots of times that person returns to the sandbox with a new outlook on civil conversation (for a little while at least). Other times, not so much - so the forum shepherd is forced to stike down upon them with great vengence and furious anger - by dropping the banhammer.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Heh, well said John, thank you.

I was apparently lax in moderating the previous thread lock which happened. Perhaps I was a little over zealous this time. But as mentioned it didn't appear anything more useful was going to be posted so I locked it.

I do not look forward to the day when a ban/timeout is needed. It's not fun for the ban-e or the ban-er.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Having read the whole thread. I'm not taking sides because I've met many of you and are all great folks. I get why the car was dismanteled, but I also see why folks are upset. And like any car, sometimes they really are worth more in parts than whole.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:28 pm

As an ISSF moderator, I will say that many decisions are a tougher call than they look at face value. It's a balance line, and sometimes you don't always hit it quite right. I've made a few enemies as a moderator, but it's part of the job. The people who can't forgive or who hold grudges make life tougher for everyone.

The reality is that the internet is no dreamland utopia of wonderful people somehow divorced from the rest of life. The same people that populate your everyday life also populate the internet. Rules and rule enforcement must exist here as well.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Dang...locked...by the man.

Perhaps I can just delete it all and start over again, without the grenade. I do have more pics and some cool video too. Like a second chance? Sad

Prob best to just let it all go though.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Delete it and just let it all go?

Yea, great call. We better not post any more pics or video of us doing wtf we want with our time, money, and wagons - to avoid any further temper tantrums from being thrown?

BS!

Keep posting pics and video dude. Post every friggin pixl you've got of wagon guys doing wagon stuff. If someone doesn't like what YOU are doing with YOUR time, YOUR money, and YOUR car, though crap.

I see no reason to let the tail wag the dog, EVER.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:11 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
As an ISSF moderator, I will say that many decisions are a tougher call than they look at face value. It's a balance line, and sometimes you don't always hit it quite right. I've made a few enemies as a moderator, but it's part of the job. The people who can't forgive or who hold grudges make life tougher for everyone.

The reality is that the internet is no dreamland utopia of wonderful people somehow divorced from the rest of life. The same people that populate your everyday life also populate the internet. Rules and rule enforcement must exist here as well.

I was on vacation this weekend...... Atlanta Motor Speedway cheers cheers

As most would agree, this is a self governing forum for the most part. NONE of the mods/admin WANT to lay down the law.
In 2 years, only 2 threads have been locked/deleted. Pretty damn good if you ask me.
I received numerous PM's to moderate that thread, but was without a computer. Some will and some won't understand why it was locked. It's all about the "greater good". If mike didn't, I would have. Sometimes beating a dead horse gets annoying. It's a horse, it's dead, we get it, move on.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Bewber wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:
Thanks
Jim aka Flasheroo

Typically - It usually only happens when it's obvious that nothing good will come from it being left open due to someone in that thread's endless determination to crap on everything and/or everyone in it either directly or (yawn) passively - everytime they comment.

On most forums, repeat or continuous offenders who can't take hints tend to earn themselves a time out. To that person, it's a vacation from the forum - to everyone else on that forum, it's a welcomed vacation from the toxicity of that person.

Lots of times that person returns to the sandbox with a new outlook on civil conversation (for a little while at least). Other times, not so much - so the forum shepherd is forced to stike down upon them with great vengence and furious anger - by dropping the banhammer.

you ever been banned john??

nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Well, I know I am the Moderator in this section...I was really tempted to shut it down a lot earlier on... but hoped things would run its course. I think it did and we all came to a good understanding.

Locking it when Mike did was a good ending point honestly.

FYI, more pics and video can be seen here Smile

https://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/chrisandcarapowell/WB4%20Part%20Out/?start=0

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Unlocking and moving to Gen Discussion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did we really lock a thread?   Did we really lock a thread? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did we really lock a thread?
Page 1 of 1