GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thread lock number 2

Go down 
+7
toomanytoyz
Bewber
Grumpy
lakeffect
sherlock9c1
93wgn
phantom 309
11 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

Thread lock number 2 Empty
PostSubject: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:54 pm

well ,.
I posted an idea about a poll,. to see where public opinion lies regarding the cannibalization of the wb4 car,
i posted an idea for a poll on whether people wanted to see this sort of thing again,.
i also added a question on a poll about moderators locking their own threads,.
This entire forum was created to get away from the ISSF super moderators,.
Looks like things are becoming that way here now,.
There were no swear words in my post,. no derogatory language,. yet Brokecello deleted my post, made a comment, then locked the thread,.
I,m then informed that my post is crude,.why? because it dealt directly with some issues that not just myself, but others have stated they have are uncomfortable with,.
The beauty of this forum was that it was never moderated to any extenet,.
i guess that because there has never been a disagreement between anyone and a moderator,.
If this seems familiar,. well it is,.now we have a disagreement,. and the moderator steps into to govern the thread, in a most biased fashion,.
seems like the other forum behaviour to me,.
this post first posted tuesday sept 07 @ 954pm,. we shall see if it gets deleted or not,.

nick
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:03 am

It won't get deleted BUT remember that most of us came over here from the ISSF not only because of the super-moderators but also to get away from the random sandkicking that was going on amongst members... This forum has only had 2 threads locked in the 2 years it has been going, which is pretty darn good if you ask me. By someone posting up an antagonistic thread because one of my moderators locked, deleted or otherwise commented on thier thread in a way they don't agree with or understand, it only fuels the fire.

As the Beatles said, Let it be... Lets not start another pissing match because that WILL lead to super moderator action...

If you feel something was done out of spite, bring it to my attention and I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 am

Be careful to consider the full effect of what you are asking for. If it's appropriate to take a poll regarding what they did with that car, then it would also be appropriate to take a poll regarding how you treated your black car after it got flamed.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 am

What propose does a poll serve about what others have done to their vehicle, be it large or small in change. Is that person looking for opinions or looking for approval of peer. or just being incendiary?

When a car is purchased. and titled has passed to the new owner, it's thiers to do with whatever they damn well please. I do what I damn well please to my car with my time and my money. If I want an opinion, I'll ask for it, and have asked on several occasions in the past. I know that many will offer an opinion even when not asked. And honestly whether the rest of the wagon word likes what I've done or intend to do, it's still my vehicle and I'll still do what I damn well please.

Although My wife has made her opinions clear MANY times about Shammoo, about what I can do with it and where I can stuff it, she still has no say on the matter.

In this case, I wonder about the motivation for taking a poll. What purpose it would serve, if any. I can't help but wonder how much of the desire is based in what some may see as spiteful retribution, of people being offended by having comments locked or deleted. Maybe the realization is that freedom of speech also carries great responsibility.

In the larger world, people claim the planned mosque in NYC is being insensitive to the victims of 911, and a tribute to radical Islam. A preacher is planning on burning Korans this Saturday. He hasn't even done it yet, but people are burning American flags, effigies and bibles in protest for something he MIGHT do. These are the same people saying we should be tolerant of them, yet have no tolerance of us.

Maybe we can all try to be less insensitive when we post, and there would never be need to moderate, lock or delete..
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:32 am

[quote="lakeffect"]
When a car is purchased. and titled has passed to the new owner, it's thiers to do with whatever they damn well please. I do what I damn well please to my car with my time and my money. If I want an opinion, I'll ask for it, and have asked on several occasions in the past. I know that many will offer an opinion even when not asked. And honestly whether the rest of the wagon word likes what I've done or intend to do, it's still my vehicle and I'll still do what I damn well please.

[/quote=]

X2 !!! Its a car to do whatever YOU want with !! Glad to see someone else with a modified drivetrain to have some fun with !! Cool
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:18 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Be careful to consider the full effect of what you are asking for. If it's appropriate to take a poll regarding what they did with that car, then it would also be appropriate to take a poll regarding how you treated your black car after it got flamed.
Right joel,. a hood compared to a complete car,. right,.
islam? the koran? ground zero,. wtf? dave put the bong down and go polish your sidepipes,.
As for running to teacher for things done out of spite,. thats not my way,.
No random sand kicking going on,.
Ok,. nuff said.
Apologys to whom ever wants one,

nick

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

lakeffect wrote:
What purpose does a poll serve about what others have done to their vehicle, be it large or small in change. Is that person looking for opinions or looking for approval of peer. or just being incendiary?

My dear friend Nick,

I'm sure it was an honest oversight on your part, since you're all about level playing fields and whatnot - but I couldn't help but to notice that when you quoted Dave and then commented on his thoughts, you accidentally forgot to quote and answer his question that he specifically asked you.

I too can't help but to also find myself very anxious to learn how having a community VOTE to establish a defined and quantified approval level of what one man did with his own time and money - or on any decision one person has made for that matter - does ANYTHING for the betterment of our community, as well as how the intent of such a poll could possibly NOT be thought of as "kicking sand" at Chris and Mike or just generally and/or randomly "stirring the pot".

So please - by all means - I know you're a good guy but I fear many others may be getting the wrong impression, so if you wouldn't mind taking just a few moments - please enlighten us all and answer Dave's question. Explain it to us like we're 5 years old ALL of the many positive benefits of having such polls would have for strengthening our community and how such honorable intentions on your part could've possibly been so horribly misunderstood.

Thanks in advance,

Your pal,
John from the Enchanted Mitten Very Happy
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Nick... No appologies needed but I will tell you this. Build a bridge and get over it. The topic has run it's course, you have made your point and it has been duely noted. To continuely drag this up and stir the pot brings unwanted drama to my site. We are all adults here, this is not high school and I certainly am not the teacher.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE AN UNMODERATED SLUGFEST, TAKE IT TO THE CABERET... KEEP IT OFF THE MAIN SITE... otherwise, dust off your hat and continue to enjoy the site as before.

One last thing, your dancing deoderant pic is inflamatory and downright disrespectful towards me and my moderators. You have 24 hours to fix it or I will do it for you. If you want a super mod, keep pushing.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Bewber wrote:
lakeffect wrote:
What purpose does a poll serve about what others have done to their vehicle, be it large or small in change. Is that person looking for opinions or looking for approval of peer. or just being incendiary?

My dear friend Nick,

I'm sure it was an honest oversight on your part, since you're all about level playing fields and whatnot - but I couldn't help but to notice that when you quoted Dave and then commented on his thoughts, you accidentally forgot to quote and answer his question that he specifically asked you.

I too can't help but to also find myself very anxious to learn how having a community VOTE to establish a defined and quantified approval level of what one man did with his own time and money - or on any decision one person has made for that matter - does ANYTHING for the betterment of our community, as well as how the intent of such a poll could possibly NOT be thought of as "kicking sand" at Chris and Mike or just generally and/or randomly "stirring the pot".

So please - by all means - I know you're a good guy but I fear many others may be getting the wrong impression, so if you wouldn't mind taking just a few moments - please enlighten us all and answer Dave's question. Explain it to us like we're 5 years old ALL of the many positive benefits of having such polls would have for strengthening our community and how such honorable intentions on your part could've possibly been so horribly misunderstood.

Thanks in advance,

Your pal,
John from the Enchanted Mitten Very Happy

phantom 309 wrote:

Right joel,. a hood compared to a complete car,. right,.
islam? the koran? ground zero,. wtf? dave put the bong down and go polish your sidepipes,.
As for running to teacher for things done out of spite,. thats not my way,.
No random sand kicking going on,.
Ok,. nuff said.
Apologys to whom ever wants one,

nick

dear freindly John kahuna,.
your condescending sarcasm is rude, i see you,ve learn't well from the misc section of issf,.
Your reply is three hrs later,. you still wanna carry this on? i,m in an unfavourable position here,.as the moderators seem to be in collusion,.
as i stated before i thought this forum was about keeping nice cars going,. i,m from the rust belt and i find cutting up cars that i can't get distasteful,.
I don't often offer apologys,. so take that one and apply it like a suppository,where it'll do you the most good,.

Johns' dear freind
Nick
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:44 pm

93wgn wrote:
Nick... No appologies needed but I will tell you this. Build a bridge and get over it. The topic has run it's course, you have made your point and it has been duely noted. To continuely drag this up and stir the pot brings unwanted drama to my site. We are all adults here, this is not high school and I certainly am not the teacher.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE AN UNMODERATED SLUGFEST, TAKE IT TO THE CABERET... KEEP IT OFF THE MAIN SITE... otherwise, dust off your hat and continue to enjoy the site as before.

One last thing, your dancing deoderant pic is inflamatory and downright disrespectful towards me and my moderators. You have 24 hours to fix it or I will do it for you. If you want a super mod, keep pushing.

A pm about my avatar would have sufficed,. but seeing as you,re making it public,. we need a supermoderator?
seems your actions are reinforcing my points,.

does anyone else find it disrespectful? Thread lock number 2 Ban2

Do as you see fit,. you have the power,. so what i think is inconsequential to you,.
you pull a gun on me,. you better squeeze the trigger.

I wrote an apology at 11:18 thinking that was the end of it,.

at 2:19 3 hrs later we have bewbs still pushing the issue

At 2:30 again 3 hrs later, we have you coming in, your first papragraph was all that was needed
it told me to stop pushing the issue,. yet totally ignoring bewbs post not 10 mins sooner and pretty inflammatory in itself,(should i reply?) my gun was already lowered, but bewbs and you are still shooting,.together it would seem,Thread lock number 2 Fighting0023 as no rebuke for bewbs seems as if you condone his behaviour,.dual standards obviously,. kinda like the issf with some preferred members getting away with stuff that others get banned for,.
the second paragraph was tolerable, and quite within reason,.
the last one something that should have been said in private,.

Its precisely why i never offer apologys very often ,. it leads people to think i,m weak, and can be spoken to in any manner they see fit,.and they start shooting all over again,.
Typical moderator, can't let things go, need to reinforce their authority after the fact,.and let folks know they can swing the hammer anytime they want, and we should all toe the party line,.
you have 24hrs to apologise,.
Thread lock number 2 Ban2

Last edited by phantom 309 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Thank you for setting up that free apology buffet, Nick, and giving your permission for everyone to take whatever one they wanted to. That was very genuine of you and you're totally right in assuming a meaure that sincere should have been all it took. Suffice to say, you are totally correct in your assessment of how weak it looked.

Pushing an issue? I was only trying to help you clear your good name, friend.

Hope to see you soon!
Your pal,
John
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Bewber wrote:

Hope to see you soon!
Your pal,
John
The pleasure would be all yours,.

you chose changing bed pans for a new career, ironicly it didn't work out,.and i,m sorry for that for you,.it was, in my opinion, your true calling,
I,d suggest next to try becoming a lawyer,. your abilty to interpret things in a totally twisted way begs of the talent necessary to become a successful lawyer,. oft times referred to as a "mouthpiece".

always your best interests at heart

Nick
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:02 pm

First and formost, I will not offer an appology. You made it public by knowingly and willingly posting up that avatar. A lot of people saw the avatar, with a few members questioning the reasoning behind it via pm to me. You are taunting me and my moderators and I will not tolerate that. Consider your own advice the next time you want to get some attention. If you have a problem, handle it via pm or in the Caberet and keep the drama off the main site.

THAT IS ALL I ASK. If you can't do that, then you and you alone have the choice to not log in. This site will still be about cool cars and the people who own, operate and build them. Even the guys who cut them have a home here. I can empathize with you living in the rust belt and seeing a perfectly good car getting cut up but as was told to me by a moderator on another site, IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE CAR FROM BEING PARTED OUT, BUY THE CAR. I didn't pitch a fit when my local upull crushed a perfectly good DCM 95' 1A2 wagon...

Life is short. this is the internet. We all love you like a brother, just relax and move on, ok?
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:44 pm

93wgn wrote:

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE CAR FROM BEING PARTED OUT, BUY THE CAR.

I think its pretty simple to understand !! Cool Think its crazy with this crap goin back an forth. My motto is "If in doubt piece it out!!" Buick GN an 89 TTA guys love me affraid
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:41 pm

That's a pretty good motto. Dan. Smile

Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:18 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
That's a pretty good motto. Dan. Smile

well guys would bitch to me about piecing a decent car out BUT it really wasn't worth "restoring" the car . One car I remember was an 86GN with 37k on it.. One owner to boot !! Car needed everything !! paint, tires, all seals and the motor was gone. Nobody wanted the car so I ended up with it . Kept it for a few years thinking I would maybe fix it up Rolling Eyes Finally ended up cutting it up. Sometimes ya have to draw the line as trying to save every car . Prob did 30+ Buicks over the years. Hell I prob still have 80% of the parts I took off !! Shocked On another note some guys got off their butts an bought cars to save them from me !! Then after a few years they would try an piece them out or even try selling them to me . Ask Al about the TTA with 10,508 miles on it I had. Thats another story for another day.
I really laughed when I saw the car on Ebay. I was goin to bid it BUT it would have been a pain for me to get it home. Wife wouldn't have been to happy either . She can take a joke like she use to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Are we really still talking about this? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I think everyone needs another hobby.........
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:49 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

islam? the koran? ground zero,. wtf? dave put the bong down and go polish your sidepipes,. nick

And I suppose I'm not supposed to be offended by the inference that I must be on drugs. The comment was well past rude. it was insulting.

I'll quote myself here.

"Maybe the realization is that freedom ofspeech also carries great responsibility.
In the larger world,people claim the planned mosque in NYC is being insensitive to thevictims of 911, and a tribute to radical Islam. A preacher is planningon burning Korans this Saturday. He hasn't even done it yet, but peopleare burning American flags, effigies and bibles in protest forsomething he MIGHT do. These are the same people saying we should betolerant of them, yet have no tolerance of us."

The point was apparently missed by some, and I apologize for not simplifying it. I figured most were smart enough to get the metaphor, and would understand the correlation between rights and responsibilities. So in a nushell for those that didn't get it, whoever they may be:

When a person shoots their mouth off, they shouldn't be too surprised to get kicked in their face by someone else more insensitive than they were.

Dave Buchholz
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
I think everyone needs another hobby.........

Yeah but some of the guys here are married...
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 pm

93wgn wrote:
A lot of people saw the avatar, with a few members questioning the reasoning behind it via pm to me.

LOL. im not on this forum enough to pay attention to thread locks and drama. But I know, I would NEVER PM a MOD about somebodys AVATAR. Honestly, grow up. Like it matters what somebodys avatar is? If for whatever reason i had an issue with it(which i wouldnt, because thats ridiculous), i'd probably PM the person WITH the questionable image. Every forum has drama, every forum has tough guys, and every forum has more than a handful of crybabies. For grown grown men, to be messaging the "head honcho" about a picture, is just outrageous.. maybe i feel this way because im the type that thinks" if you have a problem with ME, take it up with ME".. w/e.. hopefully this doesnt turn into the ISSF, ill just stick to my local board like I have been.. Peace
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:13 pm

lol... Now that this has run it's course, hopefully everyone can get along again and be happy. We have a good group of guys here and a relatively easy going outlook. The one thing that I do find disturbing is the constant reference to this site becoming like the ISSF. IMO, it is nowhere near being like the ISSF. The mods will only have to moderate when prompted to. As mentioned, we are all adults with one thing in common. stick with that and give someone elses opinion the same respect you would want for yours. The purpose of having a moderator is not to make thier lives miserable. They are here to keep the peace IF a disagreement takes place. Someone will end up butthurt at somepoint and thats to be expected but there's no need to beat it to death afterwards.

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:45 am

Pauly,

I don't like that you don't have an avatar, and I've already PM'd Joe about it too.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:09 am

Found these and was thinking it was humorously appropriate.

Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5
Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5Thread lock number 2 Beatdeadhorse5

Thread lock number 2 Sheepholy

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 am

Would I be out of place to ask about Dan's low mileage rear end troubles? Wink
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:07 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

Ill post it over in the "other" place Wink I don't want to get bashed for racing a new car with 300 miles on it Shocked
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:38 am

Grumpy wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Ill post it over in the "other" place Wink I don't want to get bashed for racing a new car with 300 miles on it Shocked

ROFL! Very Happy True dat. Wink I look forward to the story.

I can't wait to participate in the beating of Al's TTA in two weeks. Smile
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Bewber wrote:
Pauly,

I don't like that you don't have an avatar, and I've already PM'd Joe about it too.

I lol'd
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:48 pm

96Brougham wrote:
Bewber wrote:
Pauly,

I lol'd

I did, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread lock number 2   Thread lock number 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thread lock number 2
Page 1 of 1