GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigoldv8

FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Empty
PostSubject: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi Folks:

Long time, no post. Got some stuff for sale here, thought I'd throw it out to you guys before it hits the 'bay.

I scored some nice blazer/bravada/astrovan consoles this week and they're up for sale. They are all complete, though I don't really have a way to fully test the electronics in the electronic displays. I did keep the pigtails so you can make a harness to wire them up. Details on how to do this are in many posts. I have not personally done this in any car so I can't answer any questions on how it's done.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=229534
http://www.radford.edu/~aarant/overheadinstall.htm

Some folks have installed these without cutting up their headliner, so it is possible. You'll end up with holes in it one way or another, but you can minimize it.

On to the consoles that I have:
I have 4 complete full length consoles and 1 short console (suitable for vehicles with vista roof). the full length consoles are mostly made of charcoal grey plastic. Headliner material is glued around the edge and that's the only thing that has any other color, so when I mention a color that's all it is. The fabric could be replaced (do it yourself or an upholstery shop) to change the color to whatever you want. All full length consoles have a glasses compartment and CD compartment, as well as two front and two rear spot/reading lights, and a dome light, and all but one have a compartment for your garage door opener remote. All but one have the "on/off" computer that has a compass and temp sensor when wired and configured. I have seen a delete plate for the computer display in a console on ebay so they do exist, if you don't want to bother with the wiring. Would be cool to rewire it so it operates an air ride control with a display for pressure F/R? Hah!

The short console has no fabric on it, so it is all charcoal colored. It has two reading lights, the "mode button" computer and "homelink" remote transmitter for garage door openers.

Shipping is not included in these prices.

1) Tan material. "on/off" computer. Very clean. $35
1) Charcoal material, "on/off" computer; front screw hole tower is damaged but still usable. Good shape otherwise. $30
1) short console with "mode" computer and "home link" transmitter built in. Also has a rocker switch for the sunroof, could be wired for some other purpose of course. Nice condition, no problems. $45

FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. 5314701808_5a43beaf91_z
FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. 5314701762_bdc4ca6449_z

Anyone need a fully functional factory radio/tape player for 91-92 (maybe other years?)? I have that too. Fully tested, no problems. $35

FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. 5314105725_660c8657db_z
FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. 96AbqP

Climate control from the 92 RMW: $30 - Untested but very nice condition - no faded letters, etc. Will give a DOA warranty.
FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. 5314105333_3c19667375_z

92 RMW Wiper/Hatch switch - $15
Light switch panel w/twilight sentinal - $15
FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. 5314105381_41357ea0b7_z

If you're seriously interested in any of this, email me and I'll get you better pictures, shipping estimate, etc. Items are in Louisville, Ky. & local pickup is also possible. Shipping will be at cost in addition to the above prices - no inflation. Insurance will be required on the large consoles due to the frequency with which items like that are broken in shipment. Check my ebay profile for over 10 yrs of 100% positive feedback (bigoldv8). Whatever I still have in Oct will likely travel with me to the WagonFest in Front Royal.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by bigoldv8 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : one more sold)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:32 am

Morning Mike,how about a price total for the roof rack shipped to 23690?
Thank You
Jim Gordon
Hey Mike include the short console in that shipping total!
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:31 am

PM sent with shipping info for Jim!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 pm

I looked at the links, but none of them explain WHY someone would want an overhead console.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:43 pm

I think that's personal preference. If you like the additional storage and lighting it gives, and the "package" look it can provide when combined with a floor console, it might be something you want when to add when modding your car.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Might try and make a trip to the ville this weekend and check out the consoles. Gonna be doing a complete 96 Imp shifter/console swap soon. Interested in installing one at the same time.
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:02 pm

No problem, just shoot me a pm later in the week and we'll see if we can get together on a day/time.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Just picked up my console this afternoon.

Thanks Mike.
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Yep, the light grey console and the roof rack are now sold.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Charcoal with "mode" is SOLD. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.   FS:  Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles,  91-92 Radio, etc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FS: Polished Roof rack, Overhead consoles, 91-92 Radio, etc.
Page 1 of 1