GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS

Go down 
+6
Nick Danger
rh96ss
Cadet57
jayoldschool
GN1220
Krzdimond
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Empty
PostSubject: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:59 am

Better get over tto Ebay quick!New ad for a 96 wood delete RMW with red cloth and 100,000 miles for $7000 bucks
and it looks darn nice!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
PS Looking at the roof rack,I didnt think that the different style roof racks would interchange.That chrome crossbar
does look good though on this wagon.darn good.
My 2 Cents
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:01 am

worthless without links.........

Some of us check the forums while on our phones..........
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Better get over tto Ebay quick!New ad for a 96 wood delete RMW with red cloth and 100,000 miles for $7000 bucks
and it looks darn nice!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
PS Looking at the roof rack,I didnt think that the different style roof racks would interchange.That chrome crossbar
My 2 Cents

I had a black Custom Cruiser bar on my '96. I like the flat bar much better. 100,000 miles for $7,000? Sounds a lot high to me.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:35 pm

I can't find the listing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:18 pm

The Ebay item number is170585614695.If the car had tan leather I would have already called him.Someone will
gladly pay that price as we all know how rare and desirable these wagons are..
Take Care All
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Very nice car. Not sure if its a factory WB4 thou. It doesnt show the wood delete code or the woodgrain code for that matter. Did that code go away for '96?

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1G4BR82P3TR415865
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Notice the car is missing the trim over the front wheel openings.

It shows 187 RPO codes offered for this year and model and WB4 is about half way down the page. This car does not appear to have WB4 option according to compnine.

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Ok, who wants to start asking the seller questions? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Non factory WB4, red interior with BLUE pin-stripe? No If this car is the holy grail and worth $7,000 than Lorne's wagon is worth about $25,000
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Sent him a message

"You say it's a "factory wood delete", but according to www.compnine.com it does not have the "WB4" SPID code. Also it has a blue stripe with the red interior and the chrome trim over the front wheels is missing. Is this a repainted car? Could you take a pic of the white SPID sticker in the passenger side tailgate door jamb?

Thank you for your time"
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:13 pm

It sure looks like a (bad) repaint to me. Check out the shots with the tailgate closed and the front left fender.
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 pm

I saw the blue stripe and thought it was strange as well but compnine did list a dark royal blue stripe as an available option, 20A.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Available, but not part of that car.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:50 pm

The part that I don't get is that compnine doesnt list the WB4 or the woodgrain code. Shouldnt one or the other be listed?
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Buickcemetery

Did anyone else spot the cemetery across the street?

I could be wrong,but just maybe he knew the car from seeing it as a Funeral car,and grabbed it at a good price.

This could also explain the blue stripe,red interior. I have seen some firms paint cars black,regardless of interior,and the stripe would also be to match the hearse.

You guys would all know,but I didn't, that the stripes are painted on My wagon. My hearses and Limo are pinstripes,but as we know they aren't factory anyway.

Why I mention this is Franks is the only black wb4 wagon he has ever seen that came factory without a stripe. Weird or what?

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:05 pm

this was his response.....

"If you are genuinely interested, I will happily take a pic of the spid
tomorrow, or copy down the codes if my pic does not turn out. Car is absolutely
not a repaint. and the blue stripe was dealer added. Mike

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Why ask for the high price...and not spend some quarters at a carwash and vac the thing. Dirty as hell. Says a lot about the owner I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:47 am

MY THOUGHT EXACTLY.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:22 am

My 2 Cents[/quote]

Hey Jim replacing the tall black rails on my '96 with the older-style flush metal and chrome rail was one of the first mods I did on my wagon. Looks tons better....in my opinion. Easy mod.

Here's my original post about it:
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t1394-another-neat-mod

-Mike
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 pm

I too like the chrome roof rack on this car. Something about the paint on the tailgate says repaint, don't know what, just the way it looks.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 pm

It looks like single stage paint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Mike, can ANY car be detailed enough for you to call it "clean"?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:02 am

Hey now I drive my car daily....it's not THAT clean!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:07 am

Uh huh.... :p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey Mike the hospital called and they want to use your wagon as a mobile operating room.They know that the interior
is sterile as well as roomy and fast!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Ah-ha....

; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS   Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black No Wood RMW Red Cloth FS
Page 1 of 1